Fight Announcement and Training Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
So I have a fight! May 9th at the Hilton Hotel and Ball Room in Tampa for the World Class Fight League 185lb belt against Martin Vergara. I'll put some of his fights in here for you guys to analyze. He has a record of 7-3, he has heavy hands but not the most technical striking. He has ok grappling, bad cardio, but he's a tough mofo who loves to scrap so I'm excited!

So I compete next weekend in the UAEJJF US Pro Open thanks to you guys. Then it's a week off and into some technical training and then ramp it up hard for this fight. I'm going to straight up Cain Velasquez this guy.

On a side note I just got back from some no-gi grappling. I walked in and one of the guys that runs the school said there was a wrestler coming in tonight that has been pretty rough with some of the other students. So he basically told me to green light the kid. I do the deed and we get talking and the kid is an awesome person and really humble. He's coming in to do some mma training and I'm going to set him up with some fights. This kid is just as passionate as me and I'll make sure he gets on here.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You green lit him and then decided he's aight? Odd way to meet people haha.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Star-Lord;n24949 said:
I'm going to straight up Cain Velasquez this guy

This kid is just as passionate as me and I'll make sure he gets on here.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Song2;n24957 said:
You green lit him and then decided he's aight? Odd way to meet people haha.
Yea, I mean I'm too nice to green light someone too bad. Basically I caught him in sub after sub and let them go while I grinded him down and exhausted him. Definitely a weird way to meet a new friend lol but I remember being on the receiving end when I first started since I was all muscle

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24970 said:
This dude reminds of Jon Favreau on Four Christmases...
Hahahaha yea a little bit! I'm pumped man my cardio will let me push him hard and we're going to put on fight of the night

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Star-Lord;n24972 said:
Hahahaha yea a little bit! I'm pumped man my cardio will let me push him hard and we're going to put on fight of the night
He got taken down and his back taken quickly in the first round. You should maul this guy my man,

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24976 said:
He got taken down and his back taken quickly in the first round. You should maul this guy my man,
Yea the guy who did that isn't any where near as technical as me in the grappling department. It's just all about keeping the pressure on him

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He lunges into his punches, so the TD should be there time and time again. Didn't look like he's experience with sprawling effectively either.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I Wild Each It;n24980 said:
He lunges into his punches, so the TD should be there time and time again. Didn't look like he's experience with sprawling effectively either.
Exactly, Cree lit him up standing with some good straight shots, and Garcia pushed the pace. Both guys did a good job with the dirty boxing. If I combine the two with my bjj it'll be a good night for me.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
From the videos, I think you will put an ass whooping on him pretty easy, good luck

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Things sure took a turn for the better it seems, happy to hear man. Keep focused on your tourney and then switch gears and just keep winning, you got a lot of support from us here.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Like Wild was saying against Garcia he looks a little bit green in the scrambles and on the ground in general, Garcia had mount twice and his back pretty handily. He likes to swing haymakers but that lead leg kick he starts with is lazy and his hips are very square when he is throwing.

Cree was lighting him up in the clinch and it looked like the knees inside slowed him down a lot.

You can sub this guy man, just stay outta the way of that over hand right and don't get dragged into a brawl with him.

Just my 2 cents for what its worth.

Good luck man.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The guy has a decent left hook and likes to throw it, but he completely telegraphs his kicks with massive wind ups. Some drills on countering with a straight and circling out to your right while ducking under the left hook should have you turning his corner and set up to throw another combo of your choice. However, he does like a spinning backfist and since you'd be on his side, it might be worth waiting for that and then throwing the combo - at least at first to see if he has the presence of mind to throw it.

He has his most success when turning the fight into a brawl, but he leads with his head and is off balance as others have said. The overhand to level change and takedown should be there all night.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Zeph;n25300 said:
The guy has a decent left hook and likes to throw it, but he completely telegraphs his kicks with massive wind ups. Some drills on countering with a straight and circling out to your right while ducking under the left hook should have you turning his corner and set up to throw another combo of your choice. However, he does like a spinning backfist and since you'd be on his side, it might be worth waiting for that and then throwing the combo - at least at first to see if he has the presence of mind to throw it.

He has his most success when turning the fight into a brawl, but he leads with his head and is off balance as others have said. The overhand to level change and takedown should be there all night.
Good observations, the spinning back he seems to like using it after he throws his combos to catch the counter. Also noticed him do it on the breakaway from the cage. Was pretty slow and telegraphed though

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
FYI Suicidal. You can edit posts, by simply click the edit button at the bottom of the post. Really easy...don't need to know how to write code to do it :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
A good reflexive front kick would be a nightmare. He provides most of the force when he moves forward.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I Wild Each It;n25321 said:
FYI Suicidal. You can edit posts, by simply click the edit button at the bottom of the post. Really easy...don't need to know how to write code to do it :)
Thanks Wild. Was trying to but my shit phone was having none of it.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Another good one Zeph.

He is way off balance comming forward aswell, good solid front kick on the way in will put him on his ass.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Suicidalforlife;n25332 said:
Thanks Wild. Was trying to but my shit phone was having none of it.
Try the "Default - Advanced Mobile" option down in the very bottom left of any screen and see how that works.