Fight Announcement Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Costa vs Vettori booked for October 23. Don't much like this fight - I like both guys, and don't really want to see either of them take two consecutive Ls.

??

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Costa vs Vettori booked for October 23. Don't much like this fight - I like both guys, and don't really want to see either of them take two consecutive Ls.

??
I like Vettori (except when he tries to trash talk) but you might be the first person I’ve ever heard say they like Costa. I mean as a fighter and athlete he is a site to behold, but as a person he hasn’t won too many people over that I know of. Definitely fun to watch though.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I like Vettori (except when he tries to trash talk) but you might be the first person I’ve ever heard say they like Costa. I mean as a fighter and athlete he is a site to behold, but as a person he hasn’t won too many people over that I know of. Definitely fun to watch though.
He's a character. And in the cage, I love watching him fight. He's the only guy who went right at Yoel Romero, got right in his face, and bullied him. I was very impressed watching him do that. He said he would go right at Romeo and he did, for 15 minutes. ?

I suspect we've seen the best of Costa, though. A LOT of guys are never the same after being humiliated like Adesanya did to him.

??

Last edited:

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Plus, some of Costa's meming before the Adesanya fight was so out there that I found it extremely comical. Photoshopping Adesanya as a woman multiple times, including deepfake video, and telling him maybe he can be Costa's wife after the fight - some of that was so bizarre and off-putting that I found it very entertaining.

Too bad he shit the bed so bad in the actual fight, though. Don't know what he and his team were thinking, trying to take a measured approach and fight at range in a tactical kickboxing match. IMO, he needed to go forehead to forehead and try to truck him in the first, just smash through him before Adesanya starts making his reads and Costa starts getting tired.

??

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Garbrandt fights Kai Kara-France at flyweight in December. Good matchup for Cody's entrance into the division.

??
Just came here to post this. This match-up screams “McGregor-Siver.” The brass would love to see Cody in a title fight. Despite being 1-4 in his last 5 and he has never competed for the UFC at Flyweight, somehow a win over Kai Kara France (whose biggest win is Tyson NAM) will propel him into title contention. Neck tattoos must really sell tickets.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Just came here to post this. This match-up screams “McGregor-Siver.” The brass would love to see Cody in a title fight. Despite being 1-4 in his last 5 and he has never competed for the UFC at Flyweight, somehow a win over Kai Kara France (whose biggest win is Tyson NAM) will propel him into title contention. Neck tattoos must really sell tickets.
Wasn't he going to fight Deiveson Figueiredo last year but got injured or something?

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Wasn't he going to fight Deiveson Figueiredo last year but got injured or something?
Yes, last Fall, but he tore his bicep. Good point. I’m glad to see he isn’t getting the Moreno fight without earning it, like they tried to do with the Figgy fight.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Brunson vs till.

Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken ye cowardly noodle armed wimp.

30 days I got Darren. SN avatar and titles.

Don't be scared homie.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Never heard of him. Any good?
He's pretty decent, but he is Kiwi so I am super biassed.
Same gym and trainers as Izzy etc (City Kickboxing & Eugene Bareman)
Did TUF (Champions series)
Currently 22-9 (5-2 UFC & 1 FOTN bonus)

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Never heard of him. Any good?
I don't see him ever wearing the belt, but he's an easy guy to cheer for. Comes off as a cool guy, and is an action fighter. I've never seen him in a bad fight. He'll stand up with Cody and test his chin. If Garbrandt has any business in the division, he should handle Kai. If he doesn't, then Kai should lay him out.

??