'Filthy' Tom Lawlor released from UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

"Filthy" Tom Lawlor's ten-year tenure in UFC ended today when he was released from the company, less than two months before his two-year drug test failure suspension expired.

Lawlor, 35, who wrestles independently, most notably with Major League Wrestling where he's one of their signature stars, was planning on returning to UFC when his suspension ended on October 10. Lawlor also does a regular weekly show, "Filthy Four Daily" with Bryan Alvarez on this site.

Lawlor failed a test for low levels of Ostarine on October 10, 2016, and had no explanation of how it got in his system. He went so far as to test an enhanced coffee that he had been given by someone, but that failed to be the answer.

'Filthy' Tom Lawlor released by UFC

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He's one of the good guys in MMA. I wish him nothing but the best. I bet Scott Coker would love to speak with him. The UFC releasing him probably did him a favor in that respect.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he could be a good addition to rizins lhw division. they love crazy characters over there

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I like Tom. A lot.
San Jose Bellator please!

I really thought his career with the UFC was done ages ago.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Greatest walk-outs in MMA. Hopefully Bellator picks him up and he can get his individuality back.

M

member 3289

He might be a nice person, but the fact of the matter is that he failed a drug test.

So no, he is not one of the "good guys" in the sport.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he could be a good addition to rizins lhw division. they love crazy characters over there
It would be nice to see them capture more of the international feel that PRIDE did. Rizin feels more like Sengoku...

M

member 1013

Remember whenDave Kaplan made Tom punch him out on TUF?

Always like Tom. Hope the best for “Filthy.”

M

member 1013

But fuk Jon Jones amirite?
Naw not really. Hope the best for him too, maybe one day he can straighten out.

I’m honestly more surprised when an athlete is not on steroids. But Jon’s an idiot for getting caught twice with steroids and three times for drugs overall. I’m sure even you, my swamp dwelling friend, would agree to that.

M

member 3289

Naw not really. Hope the best for him too, maybe one day he can straighten out.

I’m honestly more surprised when an athlete is not on steroids. But Jon’s an idiot for getting caught twice with steroids and three times for drugs overall. I’m sure even you, my swamp dwelling friend, would agree to that.
Read the first few posts of this thread. Talk about double standards, eh?

While I agree that Tom Lawlor has not been in trouble for as much shit as Jon Jones has, they're guilty of pretty much the same thing in this instance - testing positive for an illegal substance and having no explanation as to how it got in their system.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
But fuk Jon Jones amirite?
We have gone over this before, you and I. This is the difference between being likable (Tom) and being an unlikable turd (Jones). When you fuck up and people like you they will overlook it and still like you. When you are a turd people are like...

M

member 3289

We have gone over this before, you and I. This is the difference between being likable (Tom) and being an unlikable turd (Jones). When you fuck up and people like you they will overlook it and still like you. When you are a turd people are like...

I have talked to many people who have met Jon Jones and they all say he's a great guy

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
This and he could run the Japanese pro wrestling route too.... really that’s perfect.