General Finally talked my wife into a gun safety course. What guns should I be purchasing for home safety/hunting?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
This is the Remington Nylon that my dad taught me to shoot on. I don’t fire it often, mostly a keepsake at this point. But I think this is an ‘82 or ‘83 model (not totally sure, guessing when he would’ve bought it). I hadn’t seen it in years, and then he gave it back to me a few years ago.

View attachment 47179

I had a single shot lever action .22 rifle my dad would let me shoot. I don't remember the brand or model. It got stolen at a house party I threw. To this day I hurt over that

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I got an old stevens takedown over under 22/.410, from the late 40s
It has some early form of plastic called micarta or something
looks about like this one
View attachment 47182
Shoots great
Somebody added a really old peep site to it, very accurate .22 for such a short barrel

Fits in a small backpack when broken down and is pretty light and has storage in the stock(hollow)
That’s a fuckin’ rad piece right there. I’m smitten over takedowns. I’d like to get a Browning BLR takedown someday, 300 win mag if possible. You never know when you’ll encounter a T-Rex.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That’s a fuckin’ rad piece right there. I’m smitten over takedowns. I’d like to get a Browning BLR takedown someday, 300 win mag if possible. You never know when you’ll encounter a T-Rex.
I love em
Had a .223/.20 Gauge for awhile...Regret trading it big time

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I love em
Had a .223/.20 Gauge for awhile...Regret trading it big time
Oh shit! That’s like a unicorn. I’m not familiar with a lot of those old guns but I bet there are a few different models that had the rifle/shotgun combo in varying calibers. 30-06/12 gauge would be dope.

I wasn’t sure to like that post or send my condolences.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
As a geologist, who also has a son obsessed with dinosaurs, I’m dialed into the geologic time scale and some useless trivia facts like this ?
I saw that in the rock hound thread. I’ve been picking rocks for years. I usually give them to my niece or mom. Lost my old phone so I don’t have pics. I find petrified wood at work all the time.

I went to this gem/fossil store in Breckinridge and holy shit did they have some fucking geodes and full skulls of past creatures. Shit was not cheap.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Thinking of getting this for my Beater Taurus.

Screenshot_20210922-210203_Chrome.jpg

I have my Truck Gun but I want a smaller home defense setup that doesn't break the bank. I'm liking all the videos and reviews I've seen of this product.

What do you guys think?
Worth it or just another gimmick unnecessary product?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I saw that in the rock hound thread. I’ve been picking rocks for years. I usually give them to my niece or mom. Lost my old phone so I don’t have pics. I find petrified wood at work all the time.

I went to this gem/fossil store in Breckinridge and holy shit did they have some fucking geodes and full skulls of past creatures. Shit was not cheap.
Right on! And no doubt those hippies are selling shit for big money. It’s kind of a bummer, I’ve given away tons of cool rocks/minerals/fossils over the years. I always said I’d replace them eventually, but now I realize how much that will cost lol

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Thinking of getting this for my Beater Taurus.

View attachment 47183

I have my Truck Gun but I want a smaller home defense setup that doesn't break the bank. I'm liking all the videos and reviews I've seen of this product.

What do you guys think?
Worth it or just another gimmick unnecessary product?
What’s the ticket on it?
They look like they’d be fun.

I bought a tactical stock for my mini 14. I thought it’d be cool but it wasn’t what I thought it’d be. I took it off and now it collects dust. I probably should sell it and recoup some of the price.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Right on! And no doubt those hippies are selling shit for big money. It’s kind of a bummer, I’ve given away tons of cool rocks/minerals/fossils over the years. I always said I’d replace them eventually, but now I realize how much that will cost lol
I always give them away too. I took some big pieces of petrified wood from my sister’s house in Wyoming. Those are no joke, my truck had a serious squat lol. I’m going back to Michigan next week and I’ll get some pics and get in on the discussion in the rock hound thread.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oh shit! That’s like a unicorn. I’m not familiar with a lot of those old guns but I bet there are a few different models that had the rifle/shotgun combo in varying calibers. 30-06/12 gauge would be dope.

I wasn’t sure to like that post or send my condolences.
A gun show about 10 years back I stumbled across a guy(licensed dealer) with tons of Ithaca 37s and Over Unders

I bought 4 from him and sadly got ride of that unicorn, I like Ithaca 37s for the strong build and bottom eject

I thought that I would find that guy again but I never have, he had all sorts of combos in the over/unders

Last edited: