Finally! The UFC advances it's gloves!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've always liked Trevor Whitman's glove but the UFC wanted to buy the patent or they wouldn't do the deal.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Watching that video it's impressive on the things they did to improve the glove. Lots of things people have been saying for years.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Will these supposedly reduce eye pokes?
Yes.

Apparently the glove is designed now so the hands are not pulled open by the padding and the design of the glove.

Also, the way the cut around the fingers is makes it sloped and not level so that as well encourages the hands to sit in a closed position.

I'm glad they went to a pro designer for other leagues to get this done and they spent years on it.

Whitman has some decent gloves but now there really isn't a reason for the UFC to buy them.

This also means a huge revenue stream because smaller promotions will now buy these as well.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
gathje still got poked in both eyes last night

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
Eye pokes are part of fighting. Why restrict them ?

Is ufc not suppose to answer the question who would win in a street fight ?

Weidman was right

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Interestingly enough there is a UFC equipment YouTube channel?

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've really been following this and doing a lot of "research" (reading) and one thing I wish they would have looked at would be some concussive material for the padding in the knuckle.

Whitman's glove has some different shock absorbent material that reduces CTE and has been used in helmets. I'm still trying to find out exactly what the material used by the UFC glove is.