Lifestyle Finna Grow a Beard AMA/TME

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I know you don’t give a shit about my opinion, but it definitely came together for you and looks good. I hope your wife likes it.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Almost 5 months in and I thought I'd give some advice for the noobs:

1. You may not be able to do this and that's ok.

2. It will feel like shit and look like shit for at least a month. It will continue looking like shit for 2-3 months, depending on how fast your hair grows.

3. Moisturizer for the first month, beard oil alone for months 2-4, start using balm with the oil after month 4.

4. A quick blow-dry after you get out of the shower will do wonders in terms of straightening. No matter how your hair comes in, it will eventually curl once it hits a certain length.

For more tips, hit me up via email - beardedscotsman@gmail.com.

View attachment 33858
PicsArt_04-22-08.05.02.jpg
images-5.jpg
DNgKMD_XcAA6J7Q.jpg
That is a beard of the gods my man. If you lived in Greece they would worship you.

M

member 3289

F yeah! Nice work. I admit it, I underestimated both your genetics and fortitude to make it happen but that’s a legit beard.
In all seriousness, I think the majority of guys could probably grow one, but they just can't get through those first few months.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I have a pretty damn full COVID beard. Mine grows evenly, so no awkward months, but I did need to do some trimming and shaping recently.

I comb it daily and wash/oil it twice a week. Salt and pepper AF due to my advanced age. Very happy with the results.

M

member 3289

I have a pretty damn full COVID beard. Mine grows evenly, so no awkward months, but I did need to do some trimming and shaping recently.

I comb it daily and wash/oil it twice a week. Salt and pepper AF due to my advanced age. Very happy with the results.
You blow-dry yours?

As gay as it sounds, it has saved the ends of my beard from weird curls.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019

You blow-dry yours?

As gay as it sounds, it has saved the ends of my beard from weird curls.
No. I air dry it and sometimes comb it with a straightener. Otherwise, I'd have a chin 'fro.
Wait, you guys actually do stuff to your beards?

i wash it once a day, and trim it with hair clippers to 1 inch once every 4-6 weeks.

Other than that, it is wild and free :)

M

member 3289

Wait, you guys actually do stuff to your beards?

i wash it once a day, and trim it with hair clippers to 1 inch once every 4-6 weeks.

Other than that, it is wild and free :)
1 inch?

This thread is about real beards, bruv.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

2. It will feel like shit and look like shit for at least a month. It will continue looking like shit for 2-3 months, depending on how fast your hair grows.

3. Moisturizer for the first month, beard oil alone for months 2-4, start using balm with the oil after month 4.

4. A quick blow-dry after you get out of the shower will do wonders in terms of straightening. No matter how your hair comes in, it will eventually curl once it hits a certain length.

View attachment 33858

Not gonna lie. That's way better than I thought from the start. Also new haircut is better.
Get them to fade you a little bit next time.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

View attachment 33858
Do most of the trailers down south have textured ceilings from the 80s?

M

member 3289

1 inch at it's shortest, occasionally I go a few months without a trim (usually in winter) and I look like a sort of greying version of bigfoot.
When I pass dog owners walking their dogs, I've noticed the dogs give me a wider berth now. I'm finna start barking at the ones that get too close.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
When I pass dog owners walking their dogs, I've noticed the dogs give me a wider berth now. I'm finna start barking at the ones that get too close.
When I'm feeling antisocial, I put a chicken's leg bone in my beard. People give me a wide berth.

M

member 3289

The yeard. Exactly one year ago I decided to grow a beard. I've had my sides and cheeks shaped up a few times and my mustache trimmed down once, but I haven't touched the length of the actual beard.

People often ask me, "How can I grow a beard like that?" My answer is always the same...

PicsArt_11-28-08.31.37.jpg

You can't.