VID Firas Zahabi RDA-McGregor Prefight analysis

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

His more interesting point in my opinion, was him talking about RDA's aggressive wrestling...I've kinda not given RDA enough credit in that department, seeing what Khabib did to him, but if he fights Conor like he did Pettis, it'll be a long night..
I remember people saying that Conor was in for a long night against Mendes because of Chad's wrestling.

Waaaaa only two weeks to train Chad would've won with a full camp waaaa

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I remember people saying that Conor was in for a long night against Mendes because of Chad's wrestling.

Waaaaa only two weeks to train Chad would've won with a full camp waaaa
Aren't you meant to be on Diaz's nuts?

strikingthoughts

Posting Machine
Dec 1, 2015
I'd give Conor the speed advantage..still think RDA's very fast though..in the lead up to the Pettis fight, RDA was training to get to pettis first so it was all based on speed, the problem RDA's gonna have is bad habits that he might've picked up from all these years

I'd also be curious to how he's gonna do with the leg kicks..Dammit Aldo, I wish we had an answer to this...cos

Nate was having a really bad time with them.
That gif kind of reminds me of the stank leg

CHiLLEN

All hail the Irishman
Feb 8, 2016
Great ananylst. I like that he didn't Rush his answers, really went into depth with majority of them. Conor unlikely to finish RDA after first 7-10 mins? Interesting. Curious to see how Conor will fair into the later rounds.. its yet to be seen, who knows? He's known to mention that he can go all day.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
There is a very good chance Conor's ground game is perceived like how Ronda's stand up was. And just like Holly was to Ronda, RDA could be the maker of this...

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
I believe RDA is all hype right now.

He's beaten Cerrone and Pettis in his last 2 and neither guy has looked any good lately.

Nate didn't take RDA serious but Nate was able to easily bounce back into the top 5 against Johnson with serious training. Not hard to do for an out of competition for over a year Nate vs an active winning streak Top 5 Johnson. That's how weak the LW division is.

Not too long ago Guida wrestled RDA as well as Khabib.

What it comes down to is this; I think that the light weight division is kind of weak right now and everyone is caught up in the RDA vs Cowboy hype. Cowboy is not a contender because he parties way too much.

It happens in cycles in the UFC and it's happening again. Trust me, I've been watching a long long time.

Mcgregor by 1st rd Uppercut KO.

Last edited:

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
I believe RDA is all hype right now.

He's beaten Cerrone and Pettis in his last 2 and neither guy has looked any good lately.

Nate didn't take RDA serious but Nate was able to easily bounce back into the top 5 against Johnson with serious training. Not hard to do for an out of competition for over a year Nate vs an active winning streak Top 5 Johnson. That's how weak the LW division is.

Not too long ago Guida wrestled RDA as well as Khabib.

What it comes down to is this; I think that the light weight division is kind of weak right now and everyone is caught up in the RDA vs Cowboy hype. Cowboy is not a contender because he parties way too much.

It happens in cycles in the UFC and it's happening again. Trust me, I've been watching a long long time.

Mcgregor by 1st rd Uppercut KO.
Cerrone hasn't looked good lately? He was on about a 7 fight win streak with big finishes and wins before RDA stomped him.

And Nate was always a skilled fighter, but he always has had trouble with well rounded fighterw who can stick to a smart gameplan. Johnson did not do that. He chose to stand within range with nate the whole fight and lost, but the fight was still pretty close.

lol Guida outwrestled RDA decades ago in MMA years. RDA is 10x better now and would destroy any version of guida now. And this isn't relevant to this fight cause no way conor can grapplefuck RDA.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
I think this fight really comes down to how RDA chooses to fight Conor. If he fights very smart and makes most of the fight a grappling match, he can do to conor what he did to pettis. Conor has the "it" factor cause he can really end a fight with one punch at the highest level of competition and you can't say that for too many lightweights in the division.

I'm going to say that RDA wins the first and maybe second round with good takedowns and GNP but Conor catches him eventually and finishes him after RDA gets too comfortable standing right in front of Conor.

I'm rooting for RDA all the way but I just feel it's Conor's time. I'll definitely be happier if RDA wins, cause a good fat ass whooping will make Conor a better person.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
The last time RDA fought a big puncher (Stephens) he got KTFO. Something to think about...

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Fuck. Forgot about RDA's titanium jaw. I don't know if RDA has actually even been hurt on the feet since he got plates in his jaw after the guida fight. This can play a factor in the fight cause Conor's only way to win pretty much is by TKO/KO from the feet.

Not sure how titanium plates in the jaw can affect one's chin so if anyone knows another fighter with plates in the jaw let me know

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Fuck. Forgot about RDA's titanium jaw. I don't know if RDA has actually even been hurt on the feet since he got plates in his jaw after the guida fight. This can play a factor in the fight cause Conor's only way to win pretty much is by TKO/KO from the feet.

Not sure how titanium plates in the jaw can affect one's chin so if anyone knows another fighter with plates in the jaw let me know
That'd be interesting to know..maybe he just got better on the feet, overall better understanding, or it does play a factor...crazy if it does, more people should do it :D

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
That'd be interesting to know..maybe he just got better on the feet, overall better understanding, or it does play a factor...crazy if it does, more people should do it :D
yea definitely it probably is all of those factors combined. interesting to see how this fight plays out. A lot of factors involved!