First Iron Fist and now Luke Cage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Netflix has now cancelled Luke Cage as well.
It seems suspicious. I can understand cancelling Iron Fist due to how poorly it did as far as reviews but I thought Luke Cage was well received.
Maybe I'm wrong?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'd like to think we're getting a Heroes for Hire series out of these announcements but given the way seasons 2 of Luke Cage and Iron Fist ended not sure how that would work.
Not much room inside the timeline for a team up.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Didn't Disney say they wanted to start their own streaming service with all of their own content? Maybe this is part of that plot somehow?

I only saw a little bit of the second season of Iron Fist so far. Imo they should have learned the Moonlighting lesson, not that the actors have that much chemistry together to begin with though.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Didn't Disney say they wanted to start their own streaming service with all of their own content? Maybe this is part of that plot somehow?
Good call.
For some reason I separate the Disney and Netflix stuff but there's a very good chance Disney will take them to their service.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I only saw a little bit of the second season of Iron Fist so far. Imo they should have learned the Moonlighting lesson, not that the actors have that much chemistry together to begin with though.
Season two is better but a farcry from what an Iron Fist series could be.
Plus, I won't spoil the end, they took the series in a strange direction.
A shame because they have great character and decent actors.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
""A formal Season 3 order was considered almost a foregone conclusion by all concerned," according toDeadline.

However something reportedly happened in the past month, with "rising tensions" surfacing and "it all went distinctly south in the last 48 hours" due to "creative differences" and the request by Netflix for change in writers for the show."

Here's Why Netflix Cancelled LUKE CAGE - Report

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
""A formal Season 3 order was considered almost a foregone conclusion by all concerned," according toDeadline.

However something reportedly happened in the past month, with "rising tensions" surfacing and "it all went distinctly south in the last 48 hours" due to "creative differences" and the request by Netflix for change in writers for the show."

Here's Why Netflix Cancelled LUKE CAGE - Report
Interesting

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Netflix is falling to pieces imo. Another case of changing what got you to the top once you get there (see Crockett NWA and WCW for easy examples of this malady)...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Netflix is falling to pieces imo. Another case of changing what got you to the top once you get there (see Crockett NWA and WCW for easy examples of this malady)...
I haven't had Netflix for a while now. The price increases, and then, removal of shit that's always been on there.

M

member 1013

I use an ex girlfriend’s mom’s Netflix account

Also Thor is great

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I found Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and to an extent Luke Cage as a bit of a yawn fest.

I enjoyed of the Luke Cage the best of the three for some reason, The Hand just loses me instantly, so Iron Fist was out right away. Jessica Jones as it got further into the first season as I dont really enjoy the mental powers as much. I enjoyed DD as it got into the second season, more so when Punisher was introduced. Obvs, I dug The Punisher.