First look at the Bellator Kickboxing World Championship

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I wonder when this will be up for grabs, and who will be fighting for it. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a tournament :)

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
That is BADASS. I cant wait to see where Coker can take this thing.
To be honest, I don't think kb will ever be that big in the states; I could see them having their nitch tho.

I just have a feeling that most hybrid bellator shows will be in European countries where kb is big. Introduce a new market to mma with kb as the lead. It makes sense to me.

Kb as the spearhead in short.

Nice looming belt tho; I like the blue a lot.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
To be honest, I don't think kb will ever be that big in the states; I could see them having their nitch tho.

I just have a feeling that most hybrid bellator shows will be in European countries where kb is big. Introduce a new market to mma with kb as the lead. It makes sense to me.

Kb as the spearhead in short.

Nice looming belt tho; I like the blue a lot.
Agree that KB will probably have a hard time taking off in the US, although I do think Coker can be successful with it as a secondary promotion.

And yes...that blue and black is awesome.

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
Whats cool about Bellator kb is all Bellator mma guys can fight there, and obviously vice versa. I also think fighters would be attracted to Bellator based on the ability to do mma+kb. I bet Bellator Boxing is next, they could do a show each friday thats sport specific, then for the last friday of the month do a crossover show that has a different title from each sport mainevent it.

Something like that anyway.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
wonder how much that belts worth..any info on some figures for championship belts?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Whats cool about Bellator kb is all Bellator mma guys can fight there, and obviously vice versa. I also think fighters would be attracted to Bellator based on the ability to do mma+kb. I bet Bellator Boxing is next, they could do a show each friday thats sport specific, then for the last friday of the month do a crossover show that has a different title from each sport mainevent it.

Something like that anyway.
Imagine Dynamite cards w/ MMA, Kickboxing, and Boxing. We may see that someday.

StillReal

My name is Mark.
Mar 19, 2016
Imagine Dynamite cards w/ MMA, Kickboxing, and Boxing. We may see that someday.
Honestly seeing Boxing on the same card as Kickboxing and MMA might end up being really underwhelming. I'm a big fan of watching the sweet science but I personally think that KB and MMA are far more exciting to watch and going from those back to a boxing match could really slow an event down.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Honestly seeing Boxing on the same card as Kickboxing and MMA might end up being really underwhelming. I'm a big fan of watching the sweet science but I personally think that KB and MMA are far more exciting to watch and going from those back to a boxing match could really slow an event down.
You may be right. Good point.

CutmanMatt

MMA Hematologist
Jan 31, 2016
Ridin like a Range Rover, bitch move over
Wear mo' ice than the bears in the polar
Off my shoulders - ice, baby
Don't the jewelry look - nice, baby

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
I see your point but i have watched some entertaining boxing matches over the years. And if they put the sweet science on a card with kb/mma while making sure its a slugfest type fight i think boxing casuals would tune in and kb/mma fans may start watching boxing a little more, then they could use the weekly shows to guage if boxing or kb grow in viewership.

But also the mma fighters that would like to box is a decent list. Kimbo, KJ, Nick, Rampage, Mo and many others, i could see kj and nick leaving for the freedom to box or kb.
I also think all the mma vs boxing conversation could be valid when theres a legit platform to compete against each other without jumping through hoops.

Wild @Wild All 3 sports can be boring at times, but the opposite is true aswell. Worse case maybe bellator boxing is where the old dogs/legends could box. Id watch.

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
the only boxing matches i want to see involving MMA guys is if they are fighting pure boxers.