General Flame grilled some NY Strips tonight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
And they turned out awesome. Kosher salt and cracked pepper seasoning on both sides. Let them sit for 10 minutes. Threw them on hot coals for 2 min each side, and then put them on indirect heat for about 5 min.

Perfectly done and taste.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
And they turned out awesome. Kosher salt and cracked pepper seasoning on both sides. Let them sit for 10 minutes. Threw them on hot coals for 2 min each side, and then put them on indirect heat for about 5 min.

Perfectly done and taste.
Thank God you did not boil them.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's easily my favorite cut of steak.
Do we have an interpreter? What is ny strip called in England? I was talking about steaks the other day to one of my co workers. I don't see it on the menu here. He guessed it's sirloin but I know better.

My favorite is filet mignon. I love ribeye too but I wind up wasting all the fatty bit. I do love a good new York tho

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
so not directly on coals I see
looks great
Seared them for 2 min on each side and then placed them on indirect heat for about 5 min. They turned out awesome.

I think a major win was the Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Do we have an interpreter? What is ny strip called in England? I was talking about steaks the other day to one of my co workers. I don't see it on the menu here. He guessed it's sirloin but I know better.

My favorite is filet mignon. I love ribeye too but I wind up wasting all the fatty bit. I do love a good new York tho
In the UK and Ireland it is called sirloin. In Canada, most meat purveyors refer to this cut as a strip loin; in French it is known as contre-filet. Delmonico's Restaurant, an operation opened in New York City in 1827, offered as one of its signature dishes a cut from the short loin called a Delmonico steak.

What cut is NY steak?

Cut from the strip loin part of the sirloin, the strip steak consists of a muscle that does little work, and it is particularly tender. When still attached to the bone, and with a piece of the beef tenderloin also included, the strip steak becomes a T-bonesteak or a Porterhouse steak.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
What's a decent price you guys pay for NY Strip? I've gotten it for $3.99 a lb boneless here...

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
In the UK and Ireland it is called sirloin. In Canada, most meat purveyors refer to this cut as a strip loin; in French it is known as contre-filet. Delmonico's Restaurant, an operation opened in New York City in 1827, offered as one of its signature dishes a cut from the short loin called a Delmonico steak.

What cut is NY steak?

Cut from the strip loin part of the sirloin, the strip steak consists of a muscle that does little work, and it is particularly tender. When still attached to the bone, and with a piece of the beef tenderloin also included, the strip steak becomes a T-bonesteak or a Porterhouse steak.
I'm sure a NY strip has fat on one edge. Not much but it's there.

I don't recall having a sirloin in the UK with fat on the edge.