General Floating today for the first time - Sensory Deprivation MEGATHREAD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Going to a sensory deprivation tank today for the first time. It is pure darkness and silence while floating in water full of epsom salts, with the air and water are heated to the same temperature as your skin. I’ll be alone with my thoughts in a deep meditative state for an hour and a half. I have never tried “floating” as they call it, but I’m really excited.
Has anyone tried this before? Is so what was your experience like?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I went a few months ago for the first time. It's pure darkness, and the only thing you can really hear is your breathing sort of. At first it kinda feels like your floating through space with no sense of direction.

I made the mistake of going directly after working all day and fell in and out of sleep a few times in there. It's hard to have any real sense of time either.

I honestly have no idea how I felt about it and feel like I need to go a few times to really know.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Haven't been myself, but my wife is going for the first time this week. The float is part of a 4 hour spa day with massages and such.She is excited about it, curious to see how it goes.

Kingtony87 @Kingtony87 what you said is pretty much what I've heard. I was told by the spa that it's best to try floating a few times before forming your opinion on it. The lady said the first time your a bit distracted trying to assess the tank and get comfortable in it. She said once you learn to relax in it and just let go, that's where you go deep.

I dunno though, never done it. That's why my wife is the guinea pig! :D

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Haven't been myself, but my wife is going for the first time this week. The float is part of a 4 hour spa day with massages and such.She is excited about it, curious to see how it goes.

Kingtony87 @Kingtony87 what you said is pretty much what I've heard. I was told by the spa that it's best to try floating a few times before forming your opinion on it. The lady said the first time your a bit distracted trying to assess the tank and get comfortable in it. She said once you learn to relax in it and just let go, that's where you go deep.

As an Italian I find that last sentence offensive. I am officially triggered.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Let me know what you think about it.

It's on my agenda for next week.

Doing cryo again today. I love it. Really gets the blood flowing and seems to loosen my back up after a week of driving all over hell and high water.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I have a sensory deprivation tank in my garage. I go in there to visualize fights before I make my Monster’s picks.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016

For sure, at times I couldn't stop my body from moving just to feel something and then I'd have to settle back in. Definitely super relaxing. So much I was in and out of sleep the first half of it. But laying down in the dark directly after work wasn't the smartest time to go. I need to get back.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
For sure, at times I couldn't stop my body from moving just to feel something and then I'd have to settle back in. Definitely super relaxing. So much I was in and out of sleep the first half of it. But laying down in the dark directly after work wasn't the smartest time to go. I need to get back.
I really want to try this. Is the purpose meditation or just relaxation?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
How often do they change the water? I'd imagine most of the people that frequent those places are dirty hippies. Think about that while you're marinating in their filth.

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
I went a few months ago for the first time. It's pure darkness, and the only thing you can really hear is your breathing sort of. At first it kinda feels like your floating through space with no sense of direction.

I made the mistake of going directly after working all day and fell in and out of sleep a few times in there. It's hard to have any real sense of time either.

I honestly have no idea how I felt about it and feel like I need to go a few times to really know.
How epic were the farts? Like experiencing gravitational time dilation?