General Floating today for the first time - Sensory Deprivation MEGATHREAD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think you just came us with a million dollar idea... Spooning Float Tanks. Who wants in on the ground floor with us?
Holy shit. We had identical experiences, even down to the type of tank.
It turned out to a be a pretty cool experience. The place itself was pretty cool. Went into a private room that had a shower, and the back wall of the shower opened up in to the tank/floating room. They provided silicone ear plugs to keep the water out, and an optional floating support for your neck. It was bit awkward at first, but after a while I was able to settle in and relax. It was 100% pitch black (no difference with my eyes opened or shut), and was completely sound proof. The only think I could hear was my breathing. There must have been a ton of the epsom salt in there, because even in a foot of water, I floated with zero effort. I tried to just focus on my breath and not think about anything. At some point, as my body got used to it, I really could not sense the water at all. The strangest thing was after a little while I had no sense of time - I had not idea if I had been in there for 20 or 90 minutes. The best part of it all might have been after I got out, I realized just how relaxed I was - both my body and my mind. My senses were really sharp too - I felt like I was seeing every little detail, hearing every sound, and taking it all in. It is almost 5 hours since I got out and I'm still more mellow than normal (I have anxiety and depression, but neither has bothered me all afternoon). Overall, I liked the experience and will do it again, but it isn't cheap ($65 for the hour and a half), so it won't be too frequent of an activity. That being said, I would recommend it, even if only for experiencing something unique and different.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think Sex chicken has a thread on it...or somebody.

I haven't done it, but my lady has.

I would be curious about the filtration system if they are multiple tanks on a closed system.

How deep of a tank, how big?
Do you have an easy time "letting go"?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I’ve done it about 4 times. I love it. I have been able to disassociate everytime. It was the most relaxed I’ve ever been. I felt high afterward. I made a thread about it I think.

Edit: Found it

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
no idea. gonna call tomorrow and ask and make an appt.

hell no.

Here they had the open room option, basically a tile pool in a private room.
Also had the capsule or pod style.
water is a bit slimy if I recall
My lady is a bit not down with confined spaces so she went open room...liked it...bumping into the walls or bottom pool was her only thing...but she also has problems letting go...she enjoyed it

hell no.

Haha.
I prescribe a 5 mg thc, 100 mg cbd

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

hell no.
I’m not good at letting go either, but knowing I was going to be in there for an hour gave me the motivation to really try to shut down. I really just focused on a single phrase, and didn’t let my mind wander and eventually I lost all track of time. I was surprised when the time was up. I wasn’t aware of time enough to be bored, and I was disappointed when the hour was up.
i might have fallen asleep at some point but I couldn’t tell. I’ve been back 4 times and everytime I feel fantastic after I get out.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’m not good at letting go either, but knowing I was going to be in there for an hour gave me the motivation to really try to shut down. I really just focused on a single phrase, and didn’t let my mind wander and eventually I lost all track of time. I was surprised when the time was up. I wasn’t aware of time enough to be bored, and I was disappointed when the hour was up.
i might have fallen asleep at some point but I couldn’t tell. I’ve been back 4 times and everytime I feel fantastic after I get out.

Went for an hour.
The place has three choices. Big open tanks or that egg....I picked the egg.

Got a massage first.
Then a shower.
Get in the tank. Pull lid down. There a starfield roof. Turn it off. Total dark.
Start floating. Can't get comfy. Arms above head or use the head float...now I'm equally buoyant without hyper extending my neck.

15 minutes bounce into walls, keep thinking about life.
Finally start playing a game. Imagine I'm in outer space, try to imagine I'm just in the black cosmos. Working

Uh oh, drifting to the wall again, current fast...but no. No wall. I'm not moving. Proprioception all messed up. I'm hyper aware of water movement and makes me think I'm drifting. Awesome. Getting there.

Long breaths. Don't move. Keep eyes open. Outer space. Diving. Alien environment. This is what I like to do and this is kind of the same...totally calms me.

Stare into black. Mild visual hallucinations begin.. Nothing major but colors and shapes. Practice making them into structure. Works but makes me think and lose the relax. Reset again. Back to outerspace mode.

Turn starfield back on... hate it.
Turn it off.

Turn music off. Can't concentrate. Turn it back on.

Back to calm outer space with a melody in the distance.

Might have drifted to sleep for a half sec. Voice comes on, "thank you for floating..."

Get out, shower and dry off. Get some hot tea. Sit in the relaxation lounge upstairs.

Overall B+
Will do it again in 3 weeks on an off day.
Felt relaxed but really enjoyed forcing the challenge. Technical or dangerous or scary stuff? I'm up.
Sit for an hour? That's hard for me. This was definitely out of my comfort zone.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Went for an hour.
The place has three choices. Big open tanks or that egg....I picked the egg.

Got a massage first.
Then a shower.
Get in the tank. Pull lid down. There a starfield roof. Turn it off. Total dark.
Start floating. Can't get comfy. Arms above head or use the head float...now I'm equally buoyant without hyper extending my neck.

15 minutes bounce into walls, keep thinking about life.
Finally start playing a game. Imagine I'm in outer space, try to imagine I'm just in the black cosmos. Working

Uh oh, drifting to the wall again, current fast...but no. No wall. I'm not moving. Proprioception all messed up. I'm hyper aware of water movement and makes me think I'm drifting. Awesome. Getting there.

Long breaths. Don't move. Keep eyes open. Outer space. Diving. Alien environment. This is what I like to do and this is kind of the same...totally calms me.

Stare into black. Mild visual hallucinations begin.. Nothing major but colors and shapes. Practice making them into structure. Works but makes me think and lose the relax. Reset again. Back to outerspace mode.

Turn starfield back on... hate it.
Turn it off.

Turn music off. Can't concentrate. Turn it back on.

Back to calm outer space with a melody in the distance.

Might have drifted to sleep for a half sec. Voice comes on, "thank you for floating..."

Get out, shower and dry off. Get some hot tea. Sit in the relaxation lounge upstairs.

Overall B+
Will do it again in 3 weeks on an off day.
Felt relaxed but really enjoyed forcing the challenge. Technical or dangerous or scary stuff? I'm up.
Sit for an hour? That's hard for me. This was definitely out of my comfort zone.
Nice

star field?