General Flooding in Germany

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
To add to that, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Austria are also affected.
Glad you're okay. I saw your reply, but forgot to respond. Are there any other members here from any of those places?

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
delightone @delightone was from the Netherlands AFAIK, but haven't seen him in some time.
still here man, just not as much.

We had a lot of bad flooding in the south Limburg province.
Near me (Rotterdam) everything was fine the rivers are wide enough to fill up with the excess water.
The Limburg province had so much water coming in through rivers from Belgium, Germany and rain that it couldn't handle the excess water

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Damn.... just watched some of these videos, this is crazy. Super tragic man....... I'm glad to hear those of you from the forum who are near the affected areas are okay, as are your properties.

We're dealing with forest fires here in the southern interior of British Columbia right now, and on Thursday night my father-in-law was evacuated from his home at 2 am, and ended up at our place. He lives 6 km's south of us, and right now we're all breathing lots of smoke when we step outside, and we're all keeping gas in our tanks in case we need to leave on a moments notice, and photos and a change of clothes packed and ready to go. The reality of potentially losing everything doesn't truly hit you until it's on your doorstep for real, and then you realize how many layers of fuckedupedness your life can suddenly incur. I think we'll be fine here, as the most threatening fire is now going in the right direction and the firefighters have done a great job, but having recently been immersed in the mindset of loss and upheaval, my heart truly goes out to those in Europe who have just been devastated by both of those things.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Damn.... just watched some of these videos, this is crazy. Super tragic man....... I'm glad to hear those of you from the forum who are near the affected areas are okay, as are your properties.

We're dealing with forest fires here in the southern interior of British Columbia right now, and on Thursday night my father-in-law was evacuated from his home at 2 am, and ended up at our place. He lives 6 km's south of us, and right now we're all breathing lots of smoke when we step outside, and we're all keeping gas in our tanks in case we need to leave on a moments notice, and photos and a change of clothes packed and ready to go. The reality of potentially losing everything doesn't truly hit you until it's on your doorstep for real, and then you realize how many layers of fuckedupedness your life can suddenly incur. I think we'll be fine here, as the most threatening fire is now going in the right direction and the firefighters have done a great job, but having recently been immersed in the mindset of loss and upheaval, my heart truly goes out to those in Europe who have just been devastated by both of those things.
Good to see you are prepared.

Problem here was the warning system didn't work properly / some didn't relay the warnings to their towns cause they underestimated how severe its gonna be.

So many were caught entirely unprepared, while meteorologists etc. knew it would come. A clusterfuck really.
There are warning apps n stuff but many people just don't use em.