Society Florida Senate and Governor Elections Headed to Recount

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Senate election will be a hand recount while the gubernatorial election will be a machine recount (per state election rules regarding the margins of victory).

Apparently a lot of mail-in ballots in Broward County have not been counted yet.

I live in Broward and voted by mail for Nelson and Gillum, so if my vote hasn't been counted like I suspect, Rick Scott and Ron De Santis's leads just got trimmed to 14,999 and 35,999, respectively.

Florida governor's race faces recount as Senate race gets even tighter

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

Seeing shit like this just makes me wish we'd had a recount in the 2016 Presidential Election...

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This Brenda Snipes clearly needs to be held accountable and be removed from her position.

But with that said, am I understanding this correctly though? The way she is demonized, I expected more... From what I have read, what she did was, failed to hold onto COUNTED ballots for the full length ordered by law. So technically yes, she did destroy ballots but those destroyed ballots had been counted.

M

member 3289

Broward is the second-largest county in the state and has more registered Democrats than any other county.

If you think we're just gonna sit back and allow Republicans to win then you've got another thing coming.

M

member 3289

Hand recount for the Senate race because the difference between the two candidates is less than 0.25%.

Machine recount for the gubernatorial race because the difference between the two candidates is less than 0.5%.

I have already volunteered my services to help with the hand recount.