Floyd Mayweather: ‘I’m officially out of retirement for Conor McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

For the last year, combat sports headlines have been dominated by talk of a potential super-fight between all-time boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. and UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor. And while nothing substantive has happened towards making the fight a reality, things may have just gotten a little more interesting.

At a stop during his recent United Kingdom tour, Mayweather announced that he is officially out of retirement from the sport of boxing in order to pursue a fight with McGregor, telling the UFC champ to fight him in June.

“When I faced Arturo Gatti, I went to his turf,” Mayweather said (via FightHype). “He was the A side, I was the B side. I beat him, I didn’t cry, I didn’t complain. When I faced Oscar De La Hoya, he was the A side, I was the B side. I didn’t cry, I didn’t complain, I beat him and I became the A side. For Conor McGregor, I’m coming out of retirement, just to fight Conor McGregor.

Floyd Mayweather: ‘I’m officially out of retirement for Conor McGregor’

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I think this fight is going to happen. There is too much smoke, and too much money on the table.

M

member 3289

I think this fight is going to happen. There is too much smoke, and too much money on the table.
Meh I still don't think so.

Conor won't win a boxing match and Floyd won't fight anything but.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This fight wont happen in June. Conor will be just about to pop those twins out around that time. If it happens, it will be more around Sept/Oct.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Conor will beat floyd with in 3 rounds , that is if he looks good in first round. :D

Nov 21, 2015
Money May and Conor both know that we all know this is just a money
grabbing spectacle. The idea that any commission would actually sanction a
fight between one person with 49 professional boxing fights and the other with zero
just shows the commission knows this shits a complete joke too.

That said...

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Popcorn ready...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't think Conor is so much concerned about losing as challenging himself and making a lot of money.
your right about the money

But he is not really interested in testing himself against the best or he would be trying to defend a belt at least once

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Floyd talked about fighting Manny for 5 years. I expect this one to go at least 10.
Floyd talked about that fight for 5 years because he didn't want to fight Pacman in his prime. Are you saying Floyd is scared of Conor?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Floyd talked about that fight for 5 years because he didn't want to fight Pacman in his prime. Are you saying Floyd is scared of Conor?
No I'm saying Floyd believes in a long hype cycle. Fighters aren't afraid of other fighters.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
it was going to happen from the very beginning. Too much money for it to not happen. These are just the planned theatrics.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
They have booked a day in June for Tmobile Arena for this.. One of the most sought after arenas in the US.. this is happening if they can get the numbers right.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Shit or get off the pot. I wanna see Conor fight MMA again. There's nothing to look forward to right now.