Floyd vs Conor and why this fight is easy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
To tell what's going to happen if it ever doesn't which it won't, but let's have fun with it.

Let's put it this way. What would Saul Canelo do to Conor? He would push his shit so far in, French fries would come out of Conor's nose. What did canelo do to Floyd?

Absolutely nothing. There you go.

This was brought to you by
Big League Chew
"You're in the big leagues when you're into Big League Chew!"

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
There's always a chance

But yeah most good boxers probably punch much harder, faster, and can utilize better combinations than mcgregor. Probably much , much better defensively as well

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Flloyd is 40 and hasnt fought in nearly two years. Mcgregor has youth on his side and he has that left hand. Mcgregor has more than a chance.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Flloyd is 40 and hasnt fought in nearly two years. Mcgregor has youth on his side and he has that left hand. Mcgregor has more than a chance.

What is "more than a chance?" Just curious. I don't understand it... I see how he has a chance, but what's above having a chance? A certainty? Surely it's not that

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He's definitely got a punchers chance.
Based on?

I'm not being intentionally confrontational, but taking him out of 4 oz gloves and putting him in proper boxing gloves is going to take some of the speed and the power off of Conor's punches. Unless you're referring to it in the very general "he could get really lucky" sense.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Based on?

I'm not being intentionally confrontational, but taking him out of 4 oz gloves and putting him in proper boxing gloves is going to take some of the speed and the power off of Conor's punches. Unless you're referring to it in the very general "he could get really lucky" sense.
How would a known puncher not have a punchers chance. Mayweather is the best defensive boxer ever, but he's 39 years old. No one is saying McGregor's the favourite, but even Freddy Roach says he's got a chance.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
How would a known puncher not have a punchers chance. Mayweather is the best defensive boxer ever, but he's 39 years old. No one is saying McGregor's the favourite, but even Freddy Roach says he's got a chance.
Because punching in a 4 oz glove where your opponent is also preoccupied with 6+ other striking implements is quite a bit different than punching with a 10-12oz glove where you're limited to just your 2 fists.

Like I said, if you mean puncher's chance in the very general sense where anyone can get lucky, then sure. Conor could in theory close his eyes, swing, land in the right sport and KO Floyd, but people are saying puncher's chance as if Conor connecting with one punch is going to result in a certain victory. The reality is that there's a lot to suggest his power will be substantially diminished in a boxing match, and nothing imply that he'll have retained his alleged one punch KO power. It's a different sport and one where Conor holds an 0-0 record. The fight won't happen anyways, but if it does, it'll be embarrassing.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Would NSAC or any other legitimate sanctioning body allow this fight to actually happen? 49-0 (arguably best boxer ever) vs a 0-0 boxer who isnt even a pro?

I'm not saying PBF is the best, or even speculating what the outcome could be. Just wondering if an Athletic Commission would even let this fight take place.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Would NSAC or any other legitimate sanctioning body allow this fight to actually happen? 49-0 (arguably best boxer ever) vs a 0-0 boxer who isnt even a pro?

I'm not saying PBF is the best, or even speculating what the outcome could be. Just wondering if an Athletic Commission would even let this fight take place.
If Floyd asks the NSAC to jump, they ask 'how high?'.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Without worrying about kicks and grappling, Floyd can strictly focus on defending the punches which he's the master at.

I believe things like "puncher's chance" doesn't really exist in just boxing when both fighters only focus on the punching.

Conor will lose speed with bigger gloves and without kicks and takedowns, that left hand is going to be telegraphed from miles away, especially in Floyd's eyes.