Lifestyle Flu shots (yay or nay?)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you get flu shots?

• Total voters

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I don't cme up witH excuses. I readily admit being scared of little needles. And big ones.
And the effectiveness of flushots....really, who knows?

Do they know what strain is going to hit? It's all based on guess work? The effectiveness of the flushot can be as low as zero. Absolutely no guarantee. According to CDC one of the side-effects of the vaccine is death.

Pharmacy and Associate Editor of BMJ (British Medical Journal)—wrote an article exposing how the CDC spins its death by “pneumonia and influenza” statistics. According to the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), “influenza and pneumonia” took 62,034 lives in 2001—61,777 of which were attributed to pneumonia and 257 to flu. In only 18 cases was flu virus positively identified.

It's not as big of a deal as they make it out to be. Of course, if you are a risk group, take it, if you are healthy, drink some tea, be happy. Don't let them bully you into something trivial as a flu shot.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I get them for free and I'm around strangers from all over the place all the time, and fuckers want to shake my hand, so yes, I get them.
That would be a good reason. I exercise my immune system throughout the year by going to Chinese buffets. I'll wait till all those kids touched everything, the schrimp, the pork, everything. Then...I go in.

To give you a visual analogy here...

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
The big one is "I got sick after getting the flu shot" No, you didn't. It takes about 2 weeks for the flu shot to take effect, and you typically get the flu shot during the most contagious time of year. If you got sick within days of getting the flu shot, you were already sick. Ultimately it's grown adults afraid of a tiny needle. So they come up with BS excuses why they can't get them.
So millions of people just lie about getting sick after a flu shot? Lol

Some side effects of the flu vaccine are headaches, body aches, sore throats and cough. And they start within a day or two. Some people experience this more than others.

I agree that you don't get the "flu" from the vaccination but it damn sure can make you feel like you have it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'm not an anti vaxer or a pro vaxer. Ive never looked into the debate

But I have trypanophobia. So I avoid needles unless I break a bone or something like that. Wisdom teeth. STD tests.

Is it danaerys to not get flu shots? (Bc I don't plan on doing it, and I just saw a wall greens commercial with nice red flu shot bandaids...)
Stop using the term "vaxer" immediately

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Such as?

I don't get them because I am pretty absent minded and literally never think about it. Had that going for me for 20 years now lol.

I don't have anything against them, I just don't get them and everything has been good. If it ain't broke...
Such as being generally absent-minded and forgetting to get the vaccination.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have been getting them the last 10 years because of asthma.
Skipped it last year it was a bitch of a year got the flu twice and a bunch of colds couldn't fucking breath because of the asthma, so my ass is getting one again this year.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Have been getting them the last 10 years because of asthma.
Skipped it last year it was a bitch of a year got the flu twice and a bunch of colds couldn't fucking breath because of the asthma, so my ass is getting one again this year.
Hopefully it isn't worse for you.
Because I think it will be worse for you.
But I hope it isn't.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Got one 3 years ago and still got sick as I have ever been.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So millions of people just lie about getting sick after a flu shot?

Some side effects of the flu vaccine are headaches, body aches, sore throats and cough. And they start within a day or two. Some people experience this more than others.

In randomized, blinded studies, where some people get inactivated flu shots and others get salt-water shots, the only differences in symptoms was increased soreness in the arm and redness at the injection site among people who got the flu shot. There were no differences in terms of body aches, fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat.
Misconceptions about Seasonal Flu and Flu Vaccines | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Such as being generally absent-minded and forgetting to get the vaccination.
I was asking for examples or clarification on this:

"The reasons people give for not getting the flu shot, always have exactly 0 to do with the flu shot"

Which BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard already answered (people being scared of needles, thinking it makes you sick, etc.).

My response was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I wasn't trying to make excuses or explain any reasoning behind it. The fact of the matter is that I haven't had one since the mid 90's and it isn't something I ever think about. That's it.

As I said before, I have no issues with flu shots. If people want to get them, go for it. If people don't want to get them, that is their choice to make.