Lifestyle Flu shots (yay or nay?)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you get flu shots?

• Total voters

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
how old are y'all? I'm 40

I have never gotten these flu shots...?

and I live in the valley of sickness(willamette valley)

possibly once in 10th grade...but I seem to recall they wouldn't let me get the shot because of no parent sig

rarely sick fyi

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
how old are y'all? I'm 40

I have never gotten these flu shots...?

and I live in the valley of sickness(willamette valley)

possibly once in 10th grade...but I seem to recall they wouldn't let me get the shot because of no parent sig

rarely sick fyi

Constantly around sick people.

Haven't been sick and missed a day of work in over 15 years.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Constantly around sick people.

Haven't been sick and missed a day of work in over 15 years.
Not judging you guys or anyone who gets shots

I think most people do and I know my parents get them

But I don't get sick often...maybe once every 3-4 years

Did get sick one time(appendix burst)...but I don't think it was a flu thing...I think it just wore out or something...probably got some food stuck in there LOL

If you get them one year are you supposed to keep getting them regularly?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Not judging you guys or anyone who gets shots

I think most people do and I know my parents get them

But I don't get sick often...maybe once every 3-4 years

Did get sick one time(appendix burst)...but I don't think it was a flu thing...I think it just wore out or something...probably got some food stuck in there LOL

If you get them one year are you supposed to keep getting them regularly?
To answer the last part...

Every year the flu mutates and so the scientists are basically making the vaccine for what they expect to encounter during that season. So they're playing the odds and hoping they're right.

So a vaccine from one year may not do a damn thing for the next bug that rolls through.

If you want to safeguard yourself against it to reduce it's effects or avoid it then you should get the new one every year.

But if you're hearing that the flu is especially nasty one year and want to get it but the next year you don't then that's just fine.

As I said before, I am required by hospitals to have it done or I can't do business there. I never got them before and probably wouldn't if it wasn't a necessity. But if my immune system was weak or I was old I would get it in a heartbeat.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Every year the flu mutates and so the scientists are basically making the vaccine for what they expect to encounter during that season. So they're playing the odds and hoping they're right.

So a vaccine from one year may not do a damn thing for the next bug that rolls through.

If you want to safeguard yourself against it to reduce it's effects or avoid it then you should get the new one every year.

But if you're hearing that the flu is especially nasty one year and want to get it but the next year you don't then that's just fine.

As I said before, I am required by hospitals to have it done or I can't do business there. I never got them before and probably wouldn't if it wasn't a necessity. But if my immune system was weak or I was old I would get it in a heartbeat.
oh ya....hospital folks need to be protected...so much shit up in thur

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Do you sell these?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Nooooooo

that bottom pic is the thing that blew me up huge and my ribs were all fucked up for months

how dare you
Was it an emergency case? DRs have a tendency to not use a lot of finesse in those situations.

Otherwise once the gas is gone and your internal pressure is back to normal you're tender but not necessarily for months.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Was it an emergency case? DRs have a tendency to not use a lot of finesse in those situations.

Otherwise once the gas is gone and your internal pressure is back to normal you're tender but not necessarily for months.
it was bursting so yes

said they had to dig thru my innards to get to it...so I was blown up xtra big

Ribs felt off for 3+ months...ab muscles never exactly the same to this day

Had the airforce top trauma surgeon fresh from middle east and he was a stud...but he might not have been the gentlest

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Truth? Chest cold. Which I never get. It's going around the office.

That's OK though. I just feel good for the millions of elderly and infant lives I've saved by getting the shot. :)
Got mine yesterday. Feel like a million bucks.