Lifestyle Flying Uber

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As for the fake delorean, I gotta day I'm on board. That shit looks dope. And a bit of reading about it has really made me wonder.

The main sticking point is if they are full of shit and what we don't see is that they have been wrecking the fuckers left right and centre during trials.

This will either go bust or become THE brand if Jetson cars ever catch on

Although Audi are reportedly in this market too.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If Amazon delivery becomes a thing it will fuck this concept hard. Unless all them delivery drones have transponders and an air traffic controller to shift them all about these cars would just smash into them

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If Amazon delivery becomes a thing it will fuck this concept hard. Unless all them delivery drones have transponders and an air traffic controller to shift them all about these cars would just smash into them
i think you'll see 'shipping lanes' for delivery vehicles, different altitude window and flight paths than the 'commuter lanes' of PAVs

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
i think you'll see 'shipping lanes' for delivery vehicles, different altitude window and flight paths than the 'commuter lanes' of PAVs
Still in the sky. And unless they drop your shit from high still gotta land at some point.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
As far I can find, there are no rechargeable batteries with a higher energy density than lithium. You're not getting more than a few minutes flight time. Until they solve the battery issue, it's dead in the water.

Once they do solve it, you could build your own vehicle with parts from a hobby shop.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As far I can find, there are no rechargeable batteries with a higher energy density than lithium. You're not getting more than a few minutes flight time. Until they solve the battery issue, it's dead in the water.

Once they do solve it, you could build your own vehicle with parts from a hobby shop.
You can get good flight time on lithium.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
United buying flying taxis to go between manhattan and JFK airports (7min) for the cost of an Uber X

View: https://youtu.be/Mh9V58WjAng
Another company did too. I forgot who I saw the headline last week. It was a different airline or manufacturer I can't remember. It's become the new space race.

All nonsense imo. A concept that sounds cool but would be very restrictive and basically a show off tool for the rich.

It would be cool tho