Lifestyle Food in England

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There seem to be regional variations in faggot recipes. It had been my understanding that faggot were restricted to Wales and the West Country but upon further research it seems the delicacy is more widespread than that.

Apparently a lot of mincing goes into the making of faggots.

View: https://youtu.be/pVHbWHGVYaU

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
His mum has good taste in music!

big meanies are basically meatballs. With some seasoning and stuff thrown in there.
The widespread practice of mincing around faggots is something I was not aware of but I guess comes as no surprise considering the subject matter.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Had to google that, looks fucking great. As is my peoples' custom I had a bagel, with lox and a schmear.
Had a good one of them in Scottsdale once. Not seen any bagel places over here yet.

Also I think I left some salmon in the fridge in Utah. Bet it stinks by now

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
yummy

is it always filled with fat people?
Yup.

Northern fat people.

South of Banbury carvery doesn't really exist.

I dated a girl for a couple years and her dad was from the Midlands. He came down south to visit and some sort of argument broke out after we drove around for about an hour because he wanted a carvery. I told him I'd never heard of it and he was in denial.

Same guy that had sleep apnoea but wouldn't take his meds or wear glasses and regularly fell asleep at the wheel. With his two kids under 4 in the back seats.

He was an asshole

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Had Vindaloo yet?
Surprisingly not. I was gonna get a curry last night but didn't. Maybe I'll get one later . I missed curry more than anything but for some reason I've just not had one yet

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Yup.

Northern fat people.

I dated a girl for a couple years and her dad was from the Midlands. He came down south to visit and some sort of argument broke out after we drove around for about an hour because he wanted a carvery. I told him I'd never heard of it and he was in denial.

Same guy that had sleep apnoea but wouldn't take his meds or wear glasses and regularly fell asleep at the wheel. With his two kids under 4 in the back seats.

He was an asshole
Everywhere in the South has carveries. Loads of pubs do them.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I have always wanted to try fish in chips in england that is the only british food that looks good maybe beef Wellington too.
If you do try it. Get a good one. Ideally on the coast, not all fish and chips are created equal

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yup.

Northern fat people.

He was an asshole
There are Tobies in London mate.