For Kaladin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Eh don't worry about it. I dont get the appeal of the city tbh

And in terms of jersey city, don't be scared. Its safe during daytime. And even at night, its fine at least in the downtown areas

The main roads in and out won't take you through seedy, low income areas. But it is worth having your guard up

As an example, if you are in Newark near the prudential center, you can stumble around drunk by yourself

But once it gets to around 10pm, things start getting a little shady. And walk a couple blocks too far from downtown, and you will get robbed or worse
Don’t wanna get yelled at for shitting up that thread so I moved to this thread which is where I feel people can PM you since you don’t read those. ?

I made a wrong turn when I left the airport last time I flew into Newark and that took me to a seedy af part of town and I panicked a bit. They put my rental right in front of the exit and someone was behind me so I couldn’t get the gps set.

I’m not really worried about being in Jersey City, it was more a joke.

Also, I wanna go to the city for food. I’m not near any real diversity where I’m at in FL, and I hate Miami so I don’t get anything exciting.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Don’t wanna get yelled at for shitting up that thread so I moved to this thread which is where I feel people can PM you since you don’t read those. ?

I made a wrong turn when I left the airport last time I flew into Newark and that took me to a seedy af part of town and I panicked a bit. They put my rental right in front of the exit and someone was behind me so I couldn’t get the gps set.

I’m not really worried about being in Jersey City, it was more a joke.

Also, I wanna go to the city for food. I’m not near any real diversity where I’m at in FL, and I hate Miami so I don’t get anything exciting.
I figured you're not worried about jersey city. And thats why I specifically am raising alarms

Go out and have a great time. But please don't let the joy amd safety of a dining establishment mislead you

There are a handful of NJ cities that get very dangerous, very quickly. Jersey City is the least dangerous of those on that list, but it's part of that list nonetheless

The city is marked by income inequality. Rich kids buy apartments there. And a few blocks away, people sleep on the streets

So rock out and have fun. But dont stop for gas or a convenience store until you get outside the mini city

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I figured you're not worried about jersey city. And thats why I specifically am raising alarms

Go out and have a great time. But please don't let the joy amd safety of a dining establishment mislead you

There are a handful of NJ cities that get very dangerous. Very quickly. Jersey is the least dangerous of those on that list. But it's part of that list

So rock out and have fun. But dont stop for gas or a convenience store until you get outside the mini city
No, everything is at my brother’s so we literally will be going there and back home. I will have just driven up pretty much a week or so right before and I have work the next day so I don’t want to stay overnight. Ugh. Moving states with a giant dog is proving to be such a PITA lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
No, everything is at my brother’s so we literally will be going there and back home. I will have just driven up pretty much a week or so right before and I have work the next day so I don’t want to stay overnight. Ugh. Moving states with a giant dog is proving to be such a PITA lol
Ah gotcha. If your brother lives there, I'm sure he has a good pulse on the place. His word is more valuable than mine own for sure

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Ah gotcha. If your brother lives there, I'm sure he has a good pulse on the place. His word is more valuable than mine own for sure
They just moved there from Albany last month, but he used to live in Queens and has friends that live in JC. He and his wife work in Brooklyn now, and have been “guest” tattooing at the shop for quite awhile now. They seemed to like it. I originally thought they were moving to the Butler area, but I guess they weren’t able to find anything there.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
They just moved there from Albany last month, but he used to live in Queens and has friends that live in JC. He and his wife work in Brooklyn now, and have been “guest” tattooing at the shop for quite awhile now. They seemed to like it. I originally thought they were moving to the Butler area, but I guess they weren’t able to find anything there.
Butler to Manhattan is doable but annoying. Butler to Brooklyn would be unbearable after some time

Jersey City to Brooklyn is doable tho

Personally, if I worked in Brooklyn, I would just live there.

But to be fair, the jersey city/Hoboken culture is cooler than the Brooklyn culture. Plus, there's suburban and rural areas of jersey not too far off

Jersey > New York

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Lol yeh it's not cool.

There's a lot of poverty, homeless, gangs, guns, and drugs in America

There are also a ton of police in high crime areas, so daytime is generally safe

But once the sun goes down, a few blocks in the wrong direction could end up badly
It’s not that different here, honestly. I went to high school in a high crime, gang filled area. And homelessness is a huge issue here, especially because of the rehabs.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I love all the supportive comments for our friend, even with the sad news. Seeing lots of people that only know K @kaladin stormblessed from YouTube leaving kind and caring comments made me happy, though.
His videos kick ass, at least the ones I watched
I don't watch the shows he reviews other than GOT but he really is talented and that voice is a beast

He could do a lot with that voice, sky is the limit IMO

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
His videos kick ass, at least the ones I watched
I don't watch the shows he reviews other than GOT but he really is talented and that voice is a beast

He could do a lot with that voice, sky is the limit IMO
His face isn’t in them, but he could do a lot with that, too. ? he’s a good looking dude. Knockout combo.
I know the comments were an issue because YouTube was turning them off, and without engagement, you can get lost in the algorithm. I’ve watched a lot of his videos and I really enjoy what he says and the work he puts into them. If the effort isn’t equal to the return, I completely understand why.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
His face isn’t in them, but he could do a lot with that, too. ? he’s a good looking dude. Knockout combo.
I know the comments were an issue because YouTube was turning them off, and without engagement, you can get lost in the algorithm. I’ve watched a lot of his videos and I really enjoy what he says and the work he puts into them. If the effort isn’t equal to the return, I completely understand why.
Yep
He ain't a bad looking feller...no homo

Sky is the limit either way