For those that enjoy watching women's MMA..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Do you watching other women's sports?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, it's inferior and boring.

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
If you also watch other sports, do you also watch the female version?
Ie, if you watch NBA, do you also watch WNBA? If you watch NFL, do you also watch lingerie bowl?, you watch AFL,do you also watch WAFL? you watch kickball, you also watch womens kickball etc, or no?

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
If you also watch other sports, do you also watch the female version?
Ie, if you watch NBA, do you also watch WNBA? If you watch NFL, do you also watch lingerie bowl?, you watch AFL,do you also watch WAFL? you watch kickball, you also watch womens kickball etc, or no?
Why are you listing team sports? MMA is an individual sport.

Many women's individual sports are very popular. Women's tennis comes to mind. Women's MMA is getting better and better. They headline cards and get FOTN bonuses regularly.

I love watching mouth breathers get upset about it and whine.

Oh, women's beach volleyball. I'll watch that, but I'll never watch the men's. Sue me.

Last edited:

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
True that, you can't really compare those.

I do watch women's soccer when like our team is in the ko-round at the world cup or something.
But I like to watch Biathlon pretty much completely unrelated whether those are men or women competing.

And whenever I happen to catch some Olympic sports, I don't mind much either.

M

member 3289

I like watching birds do gymnastics
This. And ice skating.

I'd rather watch women do sports that require grace and beauty. I'd rather watch men do any sports that require physicality.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Many women's individual sports are very popular. Women's tennis comes to mind. Women's MMA is getting better and better. They headline cards and get FOTN bonuses regularly.

I love watching mouth breathers get upset about it and whine.

Oh, women's beach volleyball. I'll watch that, but I'll never watch the men's. Sue me.

I agree but womens volleyball is not a good comparison. No man watches womens volleyball for the sport.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I enjoy other womens sports but I have daughters that also play them...cheerleading, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, basketball. I can dig it.

Nov 21, 2015
I'll watch womens tennis and volleyball way before I'll watch mens. Not just because
of the eye candy either. (although its a huge plus) Womens tennis and volley ball is just
plain more exciting to me.

I also dont get alot of people saying WMMA lacks skills and technical ability. Is it on par with
men's? Of course not... Men's MMA has like a 12 year head start. That said if you tell me Joanna Champion,
Michelle Waterson,Rose Namajunas etc lack extreme technical ability I'll kindly tell you to GTFO. Go home your drunk

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Do the Olympics count? Otherwise, I watched women's tennis once in a while when I was younger and actually watched non-combat sports on television. I watched it as it was mixed in with men's tennis, and I vaguely paid attention to and cared about both. That's about it. MMA is the same though, and I'm fine with the women's fights being mixed with the men's fights since they both have about the same chance of being entertaining (personal opinion).

I'm just not into team sports these days in general though (I'd probably be really into the NFL under slightly different circumstances, one of which is Dan Snyder having never existed). Maybe it has to do with the length of individual competitions?

Last edited:

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
If you can class making a sandwich a sport, then yes, I enjoy watching women play sport.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
I agree but womens volleyball is not a good comparison. No man watches womens volleyball for the sport.
That wasn't the question. The question was simply if you watch it. Nobody cares why it's being watched. Us fringe MMA nerds don't count.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I'll watch womens tennis and volleyball way before I'll watch mens. Not just because
of the eye candy either. (although its a huge plus) Womens tennis and volley ball is just
plain more exciting to me.

I also dont get alot of people saying WMMA lacks skills and technical ability. Is it on par with
men's? Of course not... Men's MMA has like a 12 year head start. That said if you tell me Joanna Champion,
Michelle Waterson,Rose Namajunas etc lack extreme technical ability I'll kindly tell you to GTFO. Go home your drunk
I don't know how you can think womens tennis and volleyball is more exciting than the mens without the eye candy. They hit the ball slower and can't move as fast. Obviously they're still talented. But do you also watch under 12's sports for entertainment. There are very skilled kids out there, but they're just not going to be as effective as the mens.

Nov 21, 2015
I don't know how you can think womens tennis and volleyball is more exciting than the mens without the eye candy. They hit the ball slower and can't move as fast. Obviously they're still talented. But do you also watch under 12's sports for entertainment. There are very skilled kids out there, but they're just not going to be as effective as the mens.
Fair Enough... The ladies just seem to care and put way more emotion and intensity into then men. Just my opinion though.

Same reason why I dont get up for Demetrius Johnson's fights (Despite him being arguably the GOAT)... He always has a "this is just another day in the office" attitude. Ok... If you aren't super emotional and excited for your fight I'm not either.

Take other fighters for example... Diaz bros, Conor, DC etc... You can see by their emotion this one fight means the damn world to them. So I get excited for their fights! I'm on pins and needles just like they are.

Hope that explains my crazy reasoning...

Last edited: