For TMMAC's Gun Nuts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I still giggle every time someone tells me about the STI they have.
When I make a mistake I am happy to admit it. That STI while it's the nicest looking gun I have, it's not reliable and also a PITA to take down. Recoilmaster! I could change it but it works fine sitting in my safe.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
When I make a mistake I am happy to admit it. That STI while it's the nicest looking gun I have, it's not reliable and also a PITA to take down. Recoilmaster! I could change it but it works fine sitting in my safe.
Why is it hard to take down?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I hear more horror stories from CZ and Glock than anyone. Even the few taurus customer service storiea I hear are positive.
Glock's and CZ's are good to go for the most part. My experience is vastly different. Gun forums have tons of Sig issues. The rollout of the 42 was a mess but your standards hardly ever have an issue. I have never had a Glock not go boom. I work on them extensively. I also run a piston AR in 6.8SPC so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. ;)

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Glock's and CZ's are good to go for the most part. My experience is vastly different. Gun forums have tons of Sig issues. The rollout of the 42 was a mess but your standards hardly ever have an issue. I have never had a Glock not go boom. I work on them extensively. I also run a piston AR in 6.8SPC so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. ;)
Gun forums are full of glock fanboys that have nothing good to say about anything thats not a glock.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Seriously considering getting one of these.

Taurus G2C
  • 3.2" Barrel

• Striker firing system

• Single action with re-strike capability

• 12 rd Mag Capacity

• 3 dot White Sights

• Adjustable Rear Sight

• Ergonomic Design

• Concealable

• Comes with Two Mags

All for $213/Shipped

I know Taurus may have a bit of an unsavory reputation when it comes to semi autos but I've seem and heard good things about this little pistol.

My purpose for it would be a EDC or Truck Gun of sort.

Something to carry around that's reliable but I won't mind dinging up.

For the price its seems like a deal.

What you say my fellow TMMAC Gun Bros?

Personally I wouldn't take a chance on a Taurus, especially if I was ordering online and not from a brick and mortar store that I could check it out in person before buying.

If you are buying online, I would recommend using gundeals to check for the lowest possible price. Just find the UPC number for the gun you have selected, and enter it into the search box, and it will give you the prices for that gun from a number of sellers. Here's the listing for the Taurus G2C (Bi-color... the all black is a bit cheaper) Search results for "725327617389" | gun.deals

Are you dead set on a double-stack? You can find a Smith & Wesson Shield or a Walther PPS for not much more, usually in the $250-270 range. They have lower capacity, but much better reputations for quality control. Or if you aren't willing to go that high, I'd suggest shopping for something used. You might find a good used Smith, Ruger, Walther, etc. in the $200 range.

Police trade ins are usually available in the $350 range, which is higher than you mentioned, but a good price for a Glock or SIG. They're usually full size service pistols instead of compacts though. (Oh, and avoid 40 S&W. Too many 40s are build on frames sized for 9 mm, and the 40 kind of beats up the gun after a while.)

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Thanks for all the info my bros.

Appreciate all the insight.

:)

I'll be sure not to name any of you as an accomplice

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Personally I wouldn't take a chance on a Taurus, especially if I was ordering online and not from a brick and mortar store that I could check it out in person before buying.

If you are buying online, I would recommend using gundeals to check for the lowest possible price. Just find the UPC number for the gun you have selected, and enter it into the search box, and it will give you the prices for that gun from a number of sellers. Here's the listing for the Taurus G2C (Bi-color... the all black is a bit cheaper) Search results for "725327617389" | gun.deals

Are you dead set on a double-stack? You can find a Smith & Wesson Shield or a Walther PPS for not much more, usually in the $250-270 range. They have lower capacity, but much better reputations for quality control. Or if you aren't willing to go that high, I'd suggest shopping for something used. You might find a good used Smith, Ruger, Walther, etc. in the $200 range.

Police trade ins are usually available in the $350 range, which is higher than you mentioned, but a good price for a Glock or SIG. They're usually full size service pistols instead of compacts though. (Oh, and avoid 40 S&W. Too many 40s are build on frames sized for 9 mm, and the 40 kind of beats up the gun after a while.)
Good info right here.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016