For TMMAC's Gun Nuts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
My wife's looks like this:

Fuckin’ sharp gun. What’s the lock/pre-lock all about?
I love the look of revolvers
My uncle has a small framed .38/.357 mag S&W. It’s a nice gun but .357’s are no joke out of it. I got a similar one that’s a Taurus ( Jdog93 @Jdog93) and the screw that held in the cylinder kept working it’s self out. I called them and they sent me 3 of them. A little thread lock and it holds fine, you have to keep your eye on it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
My uncle has a small framed .38/.357 mag S&W. It’s a nice gun but .357’s are no joke out of it. I got a similar one that’s a Taurus ( Jdog93 @Jdog93) and the screw that held in the cylinder kept working it’s self out. I called them and they sent me 3 of them. A little thread lock and it holds fine, you have to keep your eye on it.
There's a government mandated keylock on the side of some Smith and Wesson's. At the time of their introduction people speculated they'd cause mechanical failures. The concerns were greatly exagerated, but people still think it's a big deal.

You see a similar thing with Series 80 1911's.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
just an internal safety lock that was added to S & W around 2000-2001
you have a little key that fits into a lil lock that frees up the action

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
There's a government mandated keylock on the side of some Smith and Wesson's. At the time of their introduction people speculated they'd cause mechanical failures. The concerns were greatly exagerated, but people still think it's a big deal.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Seems like the more I learn the less I know.

Any of you guys fuck with a Mare’s leg?
I know they’re pretty impractical but I think they look fuckin’ sweet. Plus, I’m a sucker for lever actions.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

just an internal safety lock that was added to S & W around 2000-2001
you have a little key that fits into a lil lock that frees up the action
My Taurus .38/.357 has something like that on the back of the hammer. I lost the keys, so who gives a fuck, right?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

I know they’re pretty impractical but I think they look fuckin’ sweet. Plus, I’m a sucker for lever actions.
I haven't used one personally, but I've fucked around with some levers and they're asweome. Everybody should have one.

I know some guys that have them will get tired of the impractical handling and then add on a full size buttstock. You get to keep the short barrel, but actually make it useable.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I never had any issues with the other S&W revolvers...I just never even locked em
trigger and some other parts were made of more desirable steel at some point but it didn't really line up with the Lock being put on, I think some parts got a lil cheaper on some models mid 2000s
So some buyers just want the older ones for the lack of lock and certain parts...basically the exact same gun though.

My other favorite was 617
10 shot large frame revolver with adjustable sights...it was so fun to shoot
Traded it sadly
mine didn't have cool grips like this one

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

never handled one, love Henry though

I had a henry Golden Boy .22
Such a great gun and they have the action perfect

I want a big boy in 357

I don't see how it wouldn't be fun, don't shoot your toe off lol

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I haven't used one personally, but I've fucked around with some levers and they're asweome. Everybody should have one.

I know some guys that have them will get tired of the impractical handling and then add on a full size buttstock. You get to keep the short barrel, but actually make it useable.
Very cool, never thought of that

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I never had any issues with the other S&W revolvers...I just never even locked em
trigger and some other parts were made of more desirable steel at some point but it didn't really line up with the Lock being put on, I think some parts got a lil cheaper on some models mid 2000s
So some buyers just want the older ones for the lack of lock and certain parts...basically the exact same gun though.

My other favorite was 617
10 shot large frame revolver with adjustable sights...it was so fun to shoot
Traded it sadly
mine didn't have cool grips like this one
Jesus Christ that’s a fuckin’ beautiful grip (and gun). I’d like to put one of those on my Blackhawk. I like the Hogue but it’s pretty blah.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Our gun laws up here, although overall very shitty, make for some very interesting things that become common in our market.
If going with a henry i would go long barrel for possible hunting usage...the idea of a snub nosed rifle is hilarious to me though
I guess it would actually be better in some situations/environments

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

Agreed. I have a few and my 1950 Winchester 30-30 (can’t remember the model) is by far my favorite gun in the the safe. I’m not in love with the top eject but I just love the feel of it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If going with a henry i would go long barrel for possible hunting usage...the idea of a snub nosed rifle is hilarious to me though
Depends on the cartridge. When you're tlaking about the 44 mag or 357 rifles you don't really gain any velocity with extra barrel length and shorter barrels carry a lot better.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
never handled one, love Henry though

I had a henry Golden Boy .22
Such a great gun and they have the action perfect

I want a big boy in 357

I don't see how it wouldn't be fun, don't shoot your toe off lol
I got a Henry .17 and it’s so smooth, excellent craftsmanship. I want the 357 Big Boy too so I can plink around with the cheaper 38s

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I would get one just to look cool. More fashion than function.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Picked up some new Glass for my BoomStick.

IMG_20200615_003906__01.jpg

IMG_20200615_003956__01.jpg

Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40

Crystal clear with good eye relief.

IMG_20200615_004103__01__01.jpg

Mated it with a Monstrum Slim Line Cantilever Scope Mount.

IMG_20200615_004214__01.jpg

Also got my Red Dot on a 45 Degree Cant Mount for the hell of it.

IMG_20200615_004137__01.jpg

Turning this platform into a bit of a pig but that weight should make recoil just about non existent.

Will report back after next range trip. Let's see how many rounds for a zero. My least amount is 5 rounds.

Last edited:

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Picked up some new Glass for my BoomStick.

View attachment 7371

View attachment 7370

Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40

Crystal clear with good eye relief.

View attachment 7372

Mated it with a Monstrum Slim Line Cantilever Scope Mount.

View attachment 7373

Also got my Red Dot on a 45 Degree Cant Mount for the hell of it.

View attachment 7374

Turning this platform into a bit of a pig but that weight should make recoil just about non existent.

Will report back after next range trip. Let's see how many rounds for a zero. My least amount is 5 rounds.
Realized I never reported. Due to panic buying snowflakes I had trouble obtaining the appropriate amount of ammo for fair sighting and testing. But managed to do a small test with the ammo I could get my paws on. Couple of boxes of 223 and 556 55 grain.

Sighting in went smoothly for the vortex. 100 yards was zeroed within 15 freedom seeds. Grouped at about 1-2 inches and that was without a proper rest or Bipod.

The red dot came off almost immediately when my inexpensive mount gave out even with proper torque and blue loctite.

So reevaluating setup on that.

But with the limited ammo I used I made some sold hits at 100 yards.
One being a water bottle hit with a one shot one kill.

Range buddy made a (too my envy) better shot on a 4inch by 2 inch piece of steel first try.

So my boomstick seems to be on.
At least at that range.
Waiting to get my hands on some match grade heavier bullets to test the longer ranges. Hope everyone else has good luck getting out there and letting their instruments sing like they should.

Stay safe stay ready.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Realized I never reported. Due to panic buying snowflakes I had trouble obtaining the appropriate amount of ammo for fair sighting and testing. But managed to do a small test with the ammo I could get my paws on. Couple of boxes of 223 and 556 55 grain.

Sighting in went smoothly for the vortex. 100 yards was zeroed within 15 freedom seeds. Grouped at about 1-2 inches and that was without a proper rest or Bipod.

The red dot came off almost immediately when my inexpensive mount gave out even with proper torque and blue loctite.

So reevaluating setup on that.

But with the limited ammo I used I made some sold hits at 100 yards.
One being a water bottle hit with a one shot one kill.

Range buddy made a (too my envy) better shot on a 4inch by 2 inch piece of steel first try.

So my boomstick seems to be on.
At least at that range.
Waiting to get my hands on some match grade heavier bullets to test the longer ranges. Hope everyone else has good luck getting out there and letting their instruments sing like they should.

Stay safe stay ready.
You should be able to hit 500 yards with 55 gr, easily.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Yeah but I like the idea of a bit heavier match grade bullet hitting those ranges like the Sierra Matchking 77gr. I like the 55's for 100yd and under with couple of mag dumps here and there.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
How do you rate my build guy?

I feel my 223 Wylde build is a bit of Jack of all trades. I put a RMR onna 45 degree mount for quick engagements but am primary able to touch any target out to 400- 500 yards.

But 556 and 223 being like gold now a days. Im thinking of a 7.62 x 39 build seeing as that caliber is easy to come by.

My idea is a 7.5 inch barrel with suppression and a law tactical folding stock.

A fun shooting truck gun.

Willing to take the plunge but considering other options.

What say you my TMMAC brother??

ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How do you rate my build guy?

I feel my 223 Wylde build is a bit of Jack of all trades. I put a RMR onna 45 degree mount for quick engagements but am primary able to touch any target out to 400- 500 yards.

But 556 and 223 being like gold now a days. Im thinking of a 7.62 x 39 build seeing as that caliber is easy to come by.

My idea is a 7.5 inch barrel with suppression and a law tactical folding stock.

A fun shooting truck gun.

Willing to take the plunge but considering other options.

What say you my TMMAC brother??

ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude
In not a communist so I prefer the 300 blackout in a 9.5 inch barrel.
Suppresses better and isn't communist.

But sounds like a fun gun if you decide to go the commie route.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jdog93 @Jdog93 what kind of truck are you rocking? I need to upgrade next year. Do you like your truck? Anything you don't like about it?