For TMMAC's Gun Nuts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yeah, they're nice enough that I have no interest in owning one. I tend to prefer my stuff a little more utilitarian, lol.
it has very good ergonomics, is what I meant to say. It's also a grade above the other two in fit, finish, and precision. Unless you want to spend some time on a Howa. ;)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
From what I hear it's a good Field Gun.
For Snakes and Pests alike.
I've only heard that from Taurus's marketing department. The ones I've shot have too much spread. It's a 'fun gun'. No shame in having one and farting around with it. But no matter job you get it for, there's a better choice.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
it has very good ergonomics, is what I meant to say. It's also a grade above the other two in fit, finish, and precision. Unless you want to spend some time on a Howa. ;)
They're also about 4 grand, lol.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Looking at purchasing a .308 Parker Hale for moose. Unfortunately the details are a bit sparse as to year and model. Don't know much about PH, have't ever seen one before. Going to arrange a testing with the gentleman.

Also a little apprehensive about going after moose with a .308, not sure why though. Plenty of guys in my camp have a 308. Any thoughts from our nutters? :D

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
range and bullet weight. Keep the shot under 250 yds and the bullet weight at least 180 gr and you'll be fine.
Just find a good quality cartridge that is consistent in your rifle.

Moose have big hearts.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Going to the range this weekend to try out the FN 509. May be the next purchase.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Ruger SR1911 .45 ACP
2 sets of grips
3 mags
Mint condition

Dude wants to sell it me for $600

Rip off, good deal, or fair market value?

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Ruger SR1911 .45 ACP
2 sets of grips
3 mags
Mint condition

Dude wants to sell it me for $600

Rip off, good deal, or fair market value?

I would say OK to good deal, if it is in fact in mint condition. If there's condition issues once you look it over, not so good deal. It can be found new online for about $660 on up, so there's definitely a moderate savings there. It comes new with two magazines (one 7-round and one 8-round). The extra grip adds to the deal only if you prefer the new grip over the one that came from the factory.