For TMMAC's Gun Nuts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Maybe that other thread isn't the most appropriate place to have the "next gun I'm going to buy" discussion. Thought about doing a .277 Wolverine upper rather than 6.8 SPC b00ts @the_b00ts ?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Maybe that other thread isn't the most appropriate place to have the "next gun I'm going to buy" discussion. Thought about doing a .277 Wolverine upper rather than 6.8 SPC b00ts @the_b00ts ?
Wolverine is good if you have, or plan to have, 5.56 components laying around. You can just swap the barrel. I actually suggest it for most people.

My 6.8 will be for hunting and more than likely suppressed. It’s great suppressed on shorter barrels with tighter twists.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Wolverine is good if you have, or plan to have, 5.56 components laying around. You can just swap the barrel. I actually suggest it for most people.

My 6.8 will be for hunting and more than likely suppressed. It’s great suppressed on shorter barrels with tighter twists.
Do you not own an AR?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Do you not own an AR?
Not currently. Gave my last one to my little brother to hunt with. I’ve been wanting to go suppressed and have researched the various calibers for what I need. Something still efficient in shorter length barrels for hunting thick brush from the ground and that will still perform well suppressed.

I don’t know if I want to build it or just buy one built though.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not currently. Gave my last one to my little brother to hunt with. I’ve been wanting to go suppressed and have researched the various calibers for what I need. Something still efficient in shorter length barrels for hunting thick brush from the ground and that will still perform well suppressed.

I don’t know if I want to build it or just buy one built though.
I'm pretty sure a .277WLV in the 1:7 twist will fulfill your needs. I don't get commission or anything, but when I was deciding between .277WLV and 6.8SPC a deciding factor was being able to use easily accessible parts.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure a .277WLV in the 1:7 twist will fulfill your needs. I don't get commission or anything, but when I was deciding between .277WLV and 6.8SPC a deciding factor was being able to use easily accessible parts.
True. I also like to be different :cheers:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
True. I also like to be different :cheers:
Which was why I wanted a 6.8 caliber upper to begin with. There's nothing more different than a wildcat. I just didn't want to have to buy proprietary everything else. I also shoot .357 SIG and 300BLK. The same terrible thought process is what has me looking long and hard at a 6.5 Creedmoor.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
If I’m being honest with myself. I reallllllyyyyyy want a battle rifle. I have a nice carry with my XDS, two shotguns for the house, and my bow I can always hunt with. I’ve yet to own something like a SCAR or M1A. I see vids of people hunting with the M1A and it looks like an absolute blast.

And then I want a 1911. My local gun dealer salivates when I walk in haha

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If I’m being honest with myself. I reallllllyyyyyy want a battle rifle. I have a nice carry with my XDS, two shotguns for the house, and my bow I can always hunt with. I’ve yet to own something like a SCAR or M1A. I see vids of people hunting with the M1A and it looks like an absolute blast.

And then I want a 1911. My local gun dealer salivates when I walk in haha
I figured you had an AR already. That's why I suggested a .277 upper, then you'd probably have enough money for both that and the M1A. Scout Squad is what I'd be going with. It's not like you can't hunt with it.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I figured you had an AR already. That's why I suggested a .277 upper, then you'd probably have enough money for both that and the M1A. Scout Squad is what I'd be going with. It's not like you can't hunt with it.
I mean, he starts law school next year, so I can probably get my AR back and go that route. I still have a few hunting rifles, but I can’t use a .338 in the thick swamp I now hunt. My .50 cal muzzle loader is even a bit much. We usually just bow hunt the entire season.

Guns are like crack for me.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Not a gun, but still... I was looking to upgrade my 110 year old bow and my buddy at an archery shop is hooking me up with a Bowtech Carbon Knight fully rigged with arrows for $400. He randomly text and asked if I was still looking for something and said it’s mine for $400... it’s nice having connections.m sometimes.

He just sent the pic...

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not a gun, but still... I was looking to upgrade my 110 year old bow and my buddy at an archery shop is hooking me up with a Bowtech Carbon Icon fully rigged with arrows for $400. He randomly text and asked if I was still looking for something and said it’s mine for $400... it’s nice having connections.m sometimes.

He just sent the pic...

Very fucking cool.

I ordered one of these yesterday:

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, sir. Long range hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Should be a sweet shooter. I’m still all over the place with what rifle to get next. I’ll more than likely use the new bow through hunting season, so I’m gonna see what rifle sales are going on around the first of the year. Been looking more into that .277 too.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Should be a sweet shooter. I’m still all over the place with what rifle to get next. I’ll more than likely use the new bow through hunting season, so I’m gonna see what rifle sales are going on around the first of the year
I liked the caliber and found a smoking deal on one, otherwise it wouldn't be happening. Not right now anyways, lol.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Yes, sir. Long range hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Cool. I'm liking my 6.5 Creedmoor so far, even though I haven't had the chance for any really long-range shooting yet. No 600+ yard ranges nearby, and I'll probably wait until spring now to take a 2 hour road trip to a range with long-range targets.

On the plus side, it's been shooting 1/2 MOA groups so far at 100 yards

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Cool. I'm liking my 6.5 Creedmoor so far, even though I haven't had the chance for any really long-range shooting yet. No 600+ yard ranges nearby, and I'll probably wait until spring now to take a 2 hour road trip to a range with long-range targets.

On the plus side, it's been shooting 1/2 MOA groups so far at 100 yards
Do you know your barrel length and twist rate?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
All of the debating I've been doing recently has me nuts deep into guns again lol

I talked to my lawyer about setting up an NFA Trust and I'm gonna start rolling with the big boys.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
All of the debating I've been doing recently has me nuts deep into guns again lol

I talked to my lawyer about setting up an NFA Trust and I'm gonna start rolling with the big boys.