For you Yanks and Ya Thanksgiving; My Sweet Potato Pie Recipe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Yea homies, I make pies. Pumpkin, apple, cherry, peach, crumbles. I bake that shit. GET AT ME!

Canadian Thanksgiving has passed but since Murica is about to give thanks I thought I'd share this recipe for any one that wanted. Is easy! Everyone loves it and it's a good compliment to a pumpkin pie.

If you guys tried my pies, you would know.And you wouldn't judge my sick baking skills.

This is what you will need:

• 2 sweet potatos (approx 2 lb)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of cream (I use 18%, some use 35%)
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • pie crust
Bake those sweet potatoes in tinfoil @ 350 degrees for about an hour till they are soft and squishy. Remove from peels and put in bowl. Add butter, eggs, cream and mix. Then add the rest of ingredients and mix until fully blended. Pour that shit in your pie shell and bake 50-60 minutes at 350.Same as pumpkin pie, put a knife in the center and when it comes out clean your pie is done.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by a moderator:

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
looks wateringly delicious. i'm a big fan of sweet potatoes. if i can get to the store today to get cream. i'm gonna give it a try.

do you make your own crusts?

i seem to remember you're a baker..didn't you make skull cookies for halloween?
i liked the Dia de los Muertos one ..it was fancy.

M

member 1013

looks wateringly delicious. i'm a big fan of sweet potatoes. if i can get to the store today to get cream. i'm gonna give it a try.

do you make your own crusts?

i seem to remember you're a baker..didn't you make skull cookies for halloween?
i liked the Dia de los Muertos one ..it was fancy.
No I did not make skull cookies, I wonder who did.

Usually I go to my parents for holidays and use my mums crust. Pre bought is fine though, Pilsbury makes a good one.

You can use milk or evaporated milk if you have to, the cream just makes it more rich and solid a mixture (evaporated milk will work similarily).

And of course add some whipped cream on top to serve.

Also I'm a guy so no homo on all of this.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
there's all sorts of manly bakers out there...kinda makes me laugh that there's an old leave it to beaver mentality about women being barefoot in the kitchen because i think the professional cooking world is dominated by men.

yeah..the cookies were really nice looking.

i'll get the cream. i like to be decadent during thanksgiving. Still have to get some italian parsley for the ciabatta bread,pancetta stuffing i'm trying this year..so i'll get pie crusts and cream too.

thanks for the recipe.

M

member 1013

there's all sorts of manly bakers out there...kinda makes me laugh that there's an old leave it to beaver mentality about women being barefoot in the kitchen because i think the professional cooking world is dominated by men.
In all seriousness, bitches be luvin my baking.

thanks for the recipe.
You're welcome! I hope you and yours enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving, my favourite holiday. :)

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
Listen to this shit and you will want one:

ahh. i almost said something about the "yanks" in your thread title. ..hey i'm from the south!
but rehtought it because i definitely don't want to be identified as a rebel.
so yanks will do.

very common pie down south..and quite delicious might i add.

M

member 1013

ahh. i almost said something about the "yanks" in your thread title. ..hey i'm from the south!
but rehtought it because i definitely don't want to be identified as a rebel.
so yanks will do.

very common pie down south..and quite delicious might i add.
As a Canadian, you are all Yanks to me. (I went to school for football in Virginia and used to piss people off so bad with that!) :)

I have a Canadian variant on the pie where maple syrup is added and the white sugar removed. No 1. medium. Also have a version that is a sweet potato and banana pie. And a few others that I will keep up my sleeve.

Baking is like chemistry.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i'm totally using the maple syrup substitution. good call. ..i'm opposed to processed white sugar.

i'm in virginia now...and it's so crazy how southerners hold on to the civil war divisions in the U.S. i'm all about the south. i love it. people are friendly...the food is good no matter how greasy. nothing beats fried chicken and waffles. or shrimp grits. but no need to attach a rebel flag to your car. know what i'm saying?

M

member 1013

i'm totally using the maple syrup substitution. good call. ..i'm opposed to processed white sugar.

i'm in virginia now...and it's so crazy how southerners hold on to the civil war divisions in the U.S. i'm all about the south. i love it. people are friendly...the food is good no matter how greasy. nothing beats fried chicken and waffles. or shrimp grits. but no need to attach a rebel flag to your car. know what i'm saying?
But if you add the Maple Syrup its a Canadian Sweet Potato Pie not a True South one as I have devised pour vous. :) You can also just do pure brown sugar or sub the white out for golden cane sugar.

Everyone will be made at you for making a pie from Canukistan.

True story I used to fight people with rebel flags. When I was young and dumb.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Go pure brown sugar and 1 sweet potato and 2 cooked banannas.

Also check it @Check it I forgot, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or vanilla extract as well. added it to OP.
When you say cooked banana you means just chop them up and cook em down over a medium heat?

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
But if you add the Maple Syrup its a Canadian Sweet Potato Pie not a True South one as I have devised pour vous. :) You can also just do pure brown sugar or sub the white out for golden cane sugar.

Everyone will be made at you for making a pie from Canukistan.

True story I used to fight people with rebel flags. When I was young and dumb.
i do have maple syrup on hand..but that deliciousness is spendy . so i might just use brown sugar as you suggested pour moi.
plus you're right. not trying to have stuff from candia on my american thanksgiving.

i tend not to run in circles with those who proudly display the rebel flag. in my experience..they're bible thumpin', black people hating, jew hating....narrow minded individuals who have never realized the necessity of dental hygiene. but man i love their sweet potato pies.

btw. i'm not talking about sheefer. i realize his avatar is from kenny powers.

M

member 1013

i do have maple syrup on hand..but that deliciousness is spendy . so i might just use brown sugar as you suggested pour moi.
plus you're right. not trying to have stuff from candia on my american thanksgiving.

i tend not to run in circles with those who proudly display the rebel flag. in my experience..they're bible thumpin', black people hating, jew hating....narrow minded individuals who have never realized the necessity of dental hygiene. but man i love their sweet potato pies.

btw. i'm not talking about sheefer. i realize his avatar is from kenny powers.
And Kenny Powers may fly whatever flag he likes. Man was a legend of the game.

Yea re the Black and Jew hating thing, is exactly why I would engage them. Started when I moved to Murica and first encountered them but then I would see people flying them in Canada and just go apeshit.

Apeshit I tell ya.

Good thing none of them stabbed me.