For you Yanks and Ya Thanksgiving; My Sweet Potato Pie Recipe

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

When you say cooked banana you means just chop them up and cook em down over a medium heat?
I roast in the foil like a bananna boat. Less time than the sweet potato, 15-25 minutes. You could also cook em down that way, the goal is to draw out the flavour and that would do it. Might try it myself. :)

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
Downloading now.

It's on Dailymotion if anyone else is interested.
thanks..i'm watching now.
i started taking a ceramics class a few months ago. i went in with the idea that i was gonna be awesome..and make fantastic museum quality pieces. yeah. NOT even close....after 12 weeks, i still can't make anything on the wheel that looks like the greatness i imaged. sooo much harder than they make it look.

peep my creations..in my mind these were going to be giant bowls. in reality they are asymmetrical, wobbly little not bowls

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
thanks..i'm watching now.
i started taking a ceramics class a few months ago. i went in with the idea that i was gonna be awesome..and make fantastic museum quality pieces. yeah. NOT even close....after 12 weeks, i still can't make anything on the wheel that looks like the greatness i imaged. sooo much harder than they make it look.

peep my creations..in my mind these were going to be giant bowls. in reality they are asymmetrical, wobbly little not bowls

They look great. I love hearing people doing new things in their spare time. It keeps the brain young!

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
that's what i was saying too
...professionally yes. of course i have no idea how households are managed in Germany. but here..it's not uncommon to hear that a woman runs things in the kitchen at home. maybe not so much in the last few decades..but in recent history having a woman barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen was a figure of speech about women running the house.. so it's surprising to me that it's a male dominated profession still to this day...when woman aren't automatically housewives anymore....but have so much cooking experience.

They look great. I love hearing people doing new things in their spare time. It keeps the brain young!
you are the absolutely nicest poster on the entire internet. thank for the vote of confidence. it's appreciated.
but them shits still ain't bowls. that's what i was trying to make. i'm not giving up though. there will be a bowl made by me one day.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
...professionally yes. of course i have no idea how households are managed in Germany. but here..it's not uncommon to hear that a woman runs things in the kitchen at home. maybe not so much in the last few decades..but in recent history having a woman barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen was a figure of speech about women running the house.. so it's surprising to me that it's a male dominated profession still to this day...when woman aren't automatically housewives anymore....but have so much cooking experience.

you are the absolutely nicest poster on the entire internet. thank for the vote of confidence. it's appreciated.
but them shits still ain't bowls. that's what i was trying to make. i'm not giving up though. there will be a bowl made by me one day.
Haha. Everything on that table is utilitarian! Patience grasshopper. Your cups will become bowls.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Well of course it used to be that way and to a point, it still is sometimes. But in general I'm pretty sure we are the more 'equal' society when it comes to both having jobs and both can take paid time off for kids and stuff. And we have an affordable spot in a kindergarten guaranteed for every child. That helps.
Then it comes down to who can do it better or likes it better. In my family my father was/is the cook for the big stuff. With a passion too.

I like cooking as well but rather do it together with someone, its more fun. Now baking I am pretty horrible at I'd say. We tried to make croissants the other day and they came out like stones. Meaning, not fluffy on the inside, just heavy and buttery. :skull:

My thinking is that men are probably more driven in that area as well, so when they do have that passion in either cooking or baking, some go above and beyond. But I'm not really sure. Can be a really stressful job as well anyway, I wouldn't wanna do it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i'm totally using the maple syrup substitution. good call. ..i'm opposed to processed white sugar.

i'm in virginia now...and it's so crazy how southerners hold on to the civil war divisions in the U.S. i'm all about the south. i love it. people are friendly...the food is good no matter how greasy. nothing beats fried chicken and waffles. or shrimp grits. but no need to attach a rebel flag to your car. know what i'm saying?
Love the south as well. Just something about the pace of life and people in the south that can't be described.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm rollin with peppered corn, garlic buttered peas, bacon green bean cassereole topped w/fried onion, crusted Chicken Penne Pollo.