General Former BSO Deputy Scot Peterson arrested

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Basically the police have no duty to protect you. That's why they charged him with child neglect. They are making him out to be a caretaker. It isn't going to go anywhere in the end.

Warren v. District of Columbia - Wikipedia

Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981) is an oft-quoted[2] District of Columbia Court of Appeals case that held that the police do not owe a specific duty to provide police services to citizens based on the public duty doctrine.
lol the metro blue line officers here got in trouble for that because some dude got robbed at gunpoint in the metro and they basically said to him they werent obligated to do anything. they will let people get robbed on the blue line wtf.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Everyone at the BSO isn't on board with this. The union president who is very well liked and respected isn't on board. Even if they had a "judge" lined up it still has to go to a jury (unless a bench trial is requested). The law isn't in their favor and I would be willing wager this would lose on appeal if it ever got kicked up. Judges have ego's and don't want to be overturned on appeal. I must be short sighted because I don't see the upside unless it's just to make his life miserable.

I'm all for making this guys life miserable. This just seems like an odd way to go about about. I've had deputies tell me in confidence they don't know what they would have done if they were in the same situation. They all aren't run into the sound of gunfire types. Most have never been in this situation and the ones that have were mostly in the military.

Thanks to the MSD commission I don't believe something like this can ever happen again down here. I could go on for hours but we have some really bad kids that aren't fixable. We have what I call jail schools. Cruz was in a couple of them. I know more than I want to about them. The teachers there aren't there to teach. They curse and act like street thugs themselves. Granted most of the kids there are going to end up dead or in prison. It sucks all the way around. They don't expel kids for the harshest of acts. They send them to these schools. They send them back even when committing crimes at these schools. This was a big part of the frustration the commission had with the school board.
Teachers at those schools are definitely not there to teach and are usually not entirely qualified to be there, either. I know a little about those, as well.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Teachers at those schools are definitely not there to teach and are usually not entirely qualified to be there, either. I know a little about those, as well.
Kids get everything taken at the door. No backpacks and can’t even bring a pencil to school. Out of 110 kids less than 10 are white so they separate them in the lunchroom. Those kids are still attacked. The idea is to keep them there for a period of time then send them back to their homeschool. Many end up back over and over instead of expelling them. They pretty much don’t expel. Security at these schools are excellent and even still the kids manage to be violent.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Kids get everything taken at the door. No backpacks and can’t even bring a pencil to school. Out of 110 kids less than 10 are white so they separate them in the lunchroom. Those kids are still attacked. The idea is to keep them there for a period of time then send them back to their homeschool. Many end up back over and over instead of expelling them. They pretty much don’t expel. Security at these schools are excellent and even still the kids manage to be violent.
Fists are weapons, as well.
Those schools are exactly like jail. Supposed to “rehab,” and release back to society. But it’s an ever revolving door.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Seems pretty messed up. He definitely should have been fired, but no one should be arrested for being a coward. Sometimes people find out too late they just don't have it in them.
Making £100,000 per year you deal with the situation, otherwise, what’s your purpose
He’s a pussy and pussed out.....self preservation

M

member 3289

everybody in BSO would love to have a single scapegoat that isn't currently with the department.
You live in Iowa or Indiana or some other depopulated midwestern state.

You know nothing about the inner workings of the Broward Sheriff's Office, goof

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Making £100,000 per year you deal with the situation, otherwise, what’s your purpose
He’s a pussy and pussed out.....self preservation
I heard he had the sniffles and pussed out of a BJJ match. Stop with the tough talk it's ridiculous. Leigh @Leigh

The truth is nobody knows how they would react until placed in that situation basically what kneeblock @Kneeblock was stating.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Ok Pollyanna
That analogy while horrible isn't even the correct usage. I would like to think trained personnel would run towards gunfire but reality is very different that's all I am pointing out. You know firsthand about reality. sniff sniff

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That analogy while horrible isn't even the correct usage. I would like to think trained personnel would run towards gunfire but reality is very different that's all I am pointing out. You know firsthand about reality. sniff sniff
You’re the most knowledgeable person on every subject I’ve ever met
I’m so in awe of you, I aspire to be an expert in everything but alas I can only dream
And polyanna was the first feminine name that came to mind
Meow, meow

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
You’re the most knowledgeable person on every subject I’ve ever met
I’m so in awe of you, I aspire to be an expert in everything but alas I can only dream
And polyanna was the first feminine name that came to mind
Meow, meow
Being a "Polyanna" is a verb not a noun. You don't make cents.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Being a "Polyanna" is a verb not a noun. You don't make cents.
The only reason I know about this is because I live here and my son goes to that school. 5 of his friends were among the 17 that aren't here any more. You probably know more than I do about other tragedies. I have just kept up with the meetings and have many friends that are leo's.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I think there has to be accountability when you don't do what you are paid to do. It's like having an insurance policy with ridiculous premiums (the financial cost of the officer and the social cost of having cops in schools) and when the exact thing that you were insuring against happens, the company refuses to pay.

If you're unsure of how you'll react, you haven't had enough training. If you don't act in the way you've been trained, you should pay society back.
Preferably locked in a small metal cage until you die.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I think there has to be accountability when you don't do what you are paid to do. It's like having an insurance policy with ridiculous premiums (the financial cost of the officer and the social cost of having cops in schools) and when the exact thing that you were insuring against happens, the company refuses to pay.

If you're unsure of how you'll react, you haven't had enough training. If you don't act in the way you've been trained, you should pay society back.
Preferably locked in a small metal cage until you die.
He clearly didn't have the training as the dept. didn't have the training which came out in the commission. Is that his fault? If he had the training would he still have hidden? There aren't laws for being a coward except in the military. His life is going to be a living hell and he is going to be sued civilly while having to prepare for his defense. He is universally hated. He's been arrested. He has required police protection from threats. I would say he is getting his due. I wouldn't be surprised if he offed himself. If we were a fair and just society, I would put him in a room with the families for as long as he hid.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He clearly didn't have the training as the dept. didn't have the training which came out in the commission. Is that his fault? If he had the training would he still have hidden? There aren't laws for being a coward except in the military. His life is going to be a living hell and he is going to be sued civilly while having to prepare for his defense. He is universally hated. He's been arrested. He has required police protection from threats. I would say he is getting his due. I wouldn't be surprised if he offed himself. If we were a fair and just society, I would put him in a room with the families for as long as he hid.
he was campaigning for free lodging on campus, not for active-shooter training.

he isn't anywhere near getting what he deserves.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
he was campaigning for free lodging on campus, not for active-shooter training.

he isn't anywhere near getting what he deserves.
Deserved is another matter and I agree. As I said I know some of those families would like his organs extracted while he's alive. The truth is and people don't like to hear it, the SRO gig is usually a nice easy gig. He was months away from retirement. I can't name one, not one cop who has been doing this for over 10 years who is not staying to to reach retirement and leave not a second later. They aren't gung ho like the guys out of the academy. I wish it weren't true. They hate the paperwork to arrest someone and hate the brass more than the criminals. The last part was my biggest eye opener.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Deserved is another matter and I agree. As I said I know some of those families would like his organs extracted while he's alive. The truth is and people don't like to hear it, the SRO gig is usually a nice easy gig. He was months away from retirement. I can't name one, not one cop who has been doing this for over 10 years who is not staying to to reach retirement and leave not a second later. They aren't gung ho like the guys out of the academy. I wish it weren't true. They hate the paperwork to arrest someone and hate the brass more than the criminals. The last part was my biggest eye opener.
The SRO at my son’s school is pretty amazing. Former military, NYPD, was part of the team working at the WTC. He’s a genuine, caring dude. He takes the time to get to know the kids. He knows so many of their names and is interactive with everything. He’s not there to earn a check and kill time until retirement, he’s there to protect the students and you can tell. For a guy in his 50s, he’s in super great shape, too, so I definitely feel safe. Especially compared to the SRO when I was in high school, I don’t know if you know about Palm Beach Lakes...

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
The SRO at my son’s school is pretty amazing. Former military, NYPD, was part of the team working at the WTC. He’s a genuine, caring dude. He takes the time to get to know the kids. He knows so many of their names and is interactive with everything. He’s not there to earn a check and kill time until retirement, he’s there to protect the students and you can tell. For a guy in his 50s, he’s in super great shape, too, so I definitely feel safe. Especially compared to the SRO when I was in high school, I don’t know if you know about Palm Beach Lakes...
All I know is I'm at the Outlet a bit too much up there.