FORMER UFC FIGHTER DAVE HERMAN TASED, ARRESTED FOLLOWING POLICE CHASE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Damn i see the UFC already trying to resign him, tased and arrested, thats right up their ally

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
dacofty;n3898 said:
Damn i see the UFC already trying to resign him, tased and arrested, thats right up their ally
lol... this guy has always seemed a little unstable, but he did good for a bit.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Damn things not looking good for Herman. I was reading just two weeks ago his fight got cancelled because he failed his preliminary drug test in which he tested positive for marijuana.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
[video=youtube;09Vwt3vZ9do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&v=09Vwt3vZ9do&x-yt-ts=1421782837[/video]

His wife caught the incident on camera, and let me tell you...it is some BULLSHIT.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I Wild Each It;n4222 said:
[video=youtube;09Vwt3vZ9do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&v=09Vwt3vZ9do&x-yt-ts=1421782837[/video]

His wife caught the incident on camera, and let me tell you...it is some BULLSHIT.
I saw that video, and the cops are clearly on thin ice, but I doubt anything happens to them. Dave Herman is probably in for a suspended sentence or 30 days jail for failure to comply with an officer.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
well well the truth comes out and cops are caught lying again. Good thing she was filming otherwise he would get stuck with those charges. They will likely get dropped now but its still going to cost him $$$.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This will be unpopular but they come off as someone who lives in a compound. Can someone point out where it says the police must show 3 forms of id? It might say it somewhere but I've never heard that one before. How many people are going to go hands on with a trained fighter? Escalation of force was applied. Trust me you would rather be tazered than pepper sprayed (military knowledge). He wasn't complying with the most basic commands. I would like to see what was happening BEFORE she starts recording. Why not record while they were being followed? He comes off like a knucklehead for saying that they would have shot him if he was black. It looked like there were two different uniforms so there were at least two squad cars. Why not call 911 if you thought they were imposter cops? Let's wait until we hear the whole story before using our jump to conclusion mats.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dave did everything wrong in this situation. He kind of asked for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letsgobois

Jan 20, 2015
Maybe because I'm from Canada and I've been treated very differently by the police but it seems they were a little quick to draw a taser. But he did put his hands down and turn towards them again in their defence, most likely because he wouldn't stop for 3 miles.

Calavaro

First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Letsgobois;n4361 said:
Maybe because I'm from Canada and I've been treated very differently by the police but it seems they were a little quick to draw a taser. But he did put his hands down and turn towards them again in their defence, most likely because he wouldn't stop for 3 miles.
Considering the video there was no reason whatsoever for the cops to taser him. None. Hell, even the cops in Thailand harassing foreigners restrain themselves more...

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Calavaro;4376 said:
Considering the video there was no reason whatsoever for the cops to taser him. None. Hell, even the cops in Thailand harassing foreigners restrain themselves more...
I disagree a bit. They probably didn't have to tase him but look at this way. They chased him for 3 miles. When he finally pulled over he gets out of his vehicle, which is always a terrible idea. He then refused to listen to their instructions and was abrasive. He asked for it. They could have just tried to use unarmed self defense to apprehend him but when you act stupid towards cops you should expect the worst. I don't necessarily think the cops did anything wrong.

Shy Guy

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy;4387 said:
I disagree a bit. They probably didn't have to tase him but look at this way. They chased him for 3 miles. When he finally pulled over he gets out of his vehicle, which is always a terrible idea. He then refused to listen to their instructions and was abrasive. He asked for it. They could have just tried to use unarmed self defense to apprehend him but when you act stupid towards cops you should expect the worst. I don't necessarily think the cops did anything wrong.

Also, I am a bit bias. I worked an an MP in the Army for 5 years so I know what a difficult and shitty job it is. You have to deal with the bowels of society and you spend every day with criminals that are constantly lying to you and pushing your limits.

Calavaro

First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Shy Guy;n4387 said:

I have seen much worse situations, outside of the US, that didn't have to include tasering, shooting or any other form of weapon being used. There is no reason to taser anyone in that situation, at all. Sure he might have been a bit of an ass, but that doesn't justify the unnecessary force being applied. The cops could have simply TALKED to the guy... The problem with this is that the police shouldn't have issued the instruction to lay down etc. There was absolutely no need for it.
He was driving with his hazard lights on, due to car trouble, drove to the first, best place to stop. Nothing wrong there. He wasn't speeding, he wasn't driving like a maniac, he wasn't doing anything to avoid them. Cops applying this type of force is unjustified and disturbing.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There are also situations like this where cops end up shot from people who keep refusing basic instructions because they are biding for time while they go for a weapon. Would you want to get into a physical altercation with him? How do you know he wasn't driving erratically? What kind of car trouble was it? They WERE talking to him. He wasn't listening. So far there is only one side to this story and it only shows part of the incident in question. Just like how the govt overused the term terrorist she misused the term hostage. Also I remember how a lot of people (not any of you) say that they don't have to show a cop their id but now the cops have to show 3 forms of id??