Formula 1 thread - we are all eurotrash F1 lovers at heart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
If any of you missed the British grand Prix, find a way to watch, even if just the highlights. Best race in a while.

Scary crash on in the first corner of the first lap for Zhou, his car got flipped upside down, skidded along the tarmac at speed with sparks flying from the halo, the car dug into the gravel and flipped back up into the air, he went clean over the safety barrier and hit the catch fence wheels first. It was over 10 mins till they got him out of the car, he's OK though - he was walking about in the paddock later on.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I tried that virtual racing. Made it half a lap but I didn't like it. I whipped my headset off and said fuck it I've had enough. I felt bad for ruining it it I just didn't like it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore Grand Prix about to start.
ESPN

If you guys want some background entertainment while setting your shitty fantasy football lineups and picking never-gonna-happen parlays for today's NFL games.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Like 3 laps in, Lewis to his crew: "I told you about these tires. Absolutely no grip. In the future you need to listen to me."

The entire field was going intermediate tires to start, so that was the right call for Merc. At worse, you're on pace with the rest of the field. If full rain tires (which is what Lewis wanted) were the wrong call, you're slower than the entire field. A simple risk/reward decision.

If the grip was fine, I doubt Hamilton would have been on the radio "Good call on the tires. We're gripping good". I hate when people question educated decisions and only pipe up when an alternative solution might have worked better.

I'd have a hard time working with Hamilton. He's a bit of a pompous ass.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Like 3 laps in, Lewis to his crew: "I told you about these tires. Absolutely no grip. In the future you need to listen to me."

The entire field was going intermediate tires to start, so that was the right call for Merc. At worse, you're on pace with the rest of the field. If full rain tires (which is what Lewis wanted) were the wrong call, you're slower than the entire field. A simple risk/reward decision.

If the grip was fine, I doubt Hamilton would have been on the radio "Good call on the tires. We're gripping good". I hate when people question educated decisions and only pipe up when an alternative solution might have worked better.

I'd have a hard time working with Hamilton. He's a bit of a pompous ass.
As it turned out, the discussion was would he get better grip on used intermediates versus brand new ones. He wasn't planning on starting on full wets.

If you listen to the team radio of many drivers, they get hot under the collar about team decisions a lot during a race. It's a high stress environment, adrenaline is flowing. Max was turning the air blue after the team slightly underfuelled him during qualifying yesterday, for example.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
As it turned out, the discussion was would he get better grip on used intermediates versus brand new ones. He wasn't planning on starting on full wets.

If you listen to the team radio of many drivers, they get hot under the collar about team decisions a lot during a race. It's a high stress environment, adrenaline is flowing. Max was turning the air blue after the team slightly underfuelled him during qualifying yesterday, for example.
Fair enough. I assumed it was the wets he wanted.

I still didn't like his tone on the radio.

I'm glad he finished poorly.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Fair enough. I assumed it was the wets he wanted.

I still didn't like his tone on the radio.

I'm glad he finished poorly.
He often sounds whiny on the radio, agreed. So does Max if things aren't going his way.

Seems to be a common thing with winners.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That las vegas F1 race is looking weird AF it starts at 10 pm at night. I think the are also dropping the ball in not making it a 3 day festivity like the long beach grand prix which has music and other things to do. It being planned poorly.

View: https://youtu.be/gVYwfy4gNRc

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
That las vegas F1 race is looking weird AF it starts at 10 pm at night. I think the are also dropping the ball in not making it a 3 day festivity like the long beach grand prix which has music and other things to do. It being planned poorly.

View: https://youtu.be/gVYwfy4gNRc
It's been said that the late start is so they can televise the race early morning in Europe, which is still F1's longest established and biggest TV market.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Singapore Grand Prix about to start.
ESPN

If you guys want some background entertainment while setting your shitty fantasy football lineups and picking never-gonna-happen parlays for today's NFL games.
5/6 on NFL bets today
Straight bets only on NFL for me

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
F1 Vegas is this weekend.

Did you all catch the practice session? All 8 minutes of it before it was cancelled?

American roads are bumpy, y'all.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
F1 Vegas is this weekend.

Did you all catch the practice session? All 8 minutes of it before it was cancelled?

American roads are bumpy, y'all.
Yeah I was watching a las vegas streamer doing it live like 3 laps and the Ferrari driver broke the chassis of the car. Im glad I didn't waste 1200 to go the weather is also terrible and all the serve is Heineken beer for 19 bucks a can.