Formula 1 thread - we are all eurotrash F1 lovers at heart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Formula 1 is fun to watch.

There was that mercedes benz team that was killing it last season. that boyfriend of nicole sherizinger. him and his other teammate dude were so far ahead of everyone. they used to lap people when i watched some of the events last season.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

max verstappen on sixth, and the race is in a few hours, because summertime is set.
thunders andshowers, so big chances for him.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Formula 1 is fun to watch.

There was that mercedes benz team that was killing it last season. that boyfriend of nicole sherizinger. him and his other teammate dude were so far ahead of everyone. they used to lap people when i watched some of the events last season.
Yep Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
max verstappen on sixth, and the race is in a few hours, because summertime is set.
thunders andshowers, so big chances for him.

I don't know if you saw the race, but Verstappen had an excellent drive.
The race it self was a pretty entertaining one, lot of overtakes.

M

I don't know if you saw the race, but Verstappen had an excellent drive.
The race it self was a pretty entertaining one, lot of overtakes.
yeah, i saw it live, great exciting race

M

i just hope Kimi is going to beat vettels ass, so hard

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i just hope Kimi is going to beat vettels ass, so hard
He probably will, kimi's is a better overtaker, and has better race pace, he shits the bed usually in Quali, when it comes down to a single lap.
This race he came back from the last spot to get 4th, and get a 16 sec between him and the williams behind him, he got a little help from the safety car but still pretty impressive.

Vettel has got good race pace when no one is in front of him, if he gets pole position he usually wins.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He probably will, kimi's is a better overtaker, and has better race pace, he shits the bed usually in Quali, when it comes down to a single lap.
This race he came back from the last spot to get 4th, and get a 16 sec between him and the williams behind him, he got a little help from the safety car but still pretty impressive.

Vettel has got good race pace when no one is in front of him, if he gets pole position he usually wins.
I agree with the sentiment but that's been the problem...

Kimi is a stud showing he go from damn near DNF to 4th. The guy is easily the top 3 driver if you want a lesson in overtaking.
Vettel may not go 10th to 1st, but he doesn't need to. He'll start in the top 4 and end there too. I don't care for some of his personality off the grid, but the guy is an incredible and consistent driver. Maybe more so than anybody else.

Kimi would do better than Vettel on a mid-tier team or lower. But that's not the game at this tier. The big money teams can threaten for pole and get away from the pack every time. And Vettel is there because of skill and now that he is there he uses that momentum.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree with the sentiment but that's been the problem...

Kimi is a stud showing he go from damn near DNF to 4th. The guy is easily the top 3 driver if you want a lesson in overtaking.
Vettel may not go 10th to 1st, but he doesn't need to. He'll start in the top 4 and end there too. I don't care for some of his personality off the grid, but the guy is an incredible and consistent driver. Maybe more so than anybody else.

Kimi would do better than Vettel on a mid-tier team or lower. But that's not the game at this tier. The big money teams can threaten for pole and get away from the pack every time. And Vettel is there because of skill and now that he is there he uses that momentum.
The funny thing is they are good friends, something that you don't see often between teammates in F1.
I can't wait to see what happens this season, Lewis will probably get his 3rd WDC, Rosberg is fast but very depending on telemetry and pit feedback with the recent changes to com. regulations i don't think he up for the task.
I truly think if ferrari can keep this pace going Kimi is gonna be the one to challenge hamilton, ferrari probably will win one or two more throught the season while merc will get there shit together.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
delightone @delightone thanks for bring this back to life!

f1standings july2015.png

So the spread of the top 3 against everyone else continues.
This is bad for the sport. There are some fun competitions still to be had. But there needs to be a more competitive field.

Can you imagine if there were still double points? The travesty to be had in that top 3.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
delightone @delightone thanks for bring this back to life!

View attachment 4255

So the spread of the top 3 against everyone else continues.
This is bad for the sport. There are some fun competitions still to be had. But there needs to be a more competitive field.

Can you imagine if there were still double points? The travesty to be had in that top 3.
Double points was really stupid in my eyes.
The hungary race was one the best this season we almost had a ferrari 1 / 2, but raikonnen's lost all hybrid power and got screwed again.
Ricciardo, and Rosberg had a touche in the last part of the race, hamilton got a drive through penalty it was a superb chaos.
The ferrari's had insane pace in hungary, they were like bullets on the start and both ferrari passed the mercedes cars.
They pulled a pretty big gap between them, i'm not counting out vettel just yet for the WDC

Edit: and my fellow country man/boy came in 4th, 17 years old first season in F1 brother.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
BIG McLarenite here, I've not watched it that much since moving to the US though because most of the races are on at Silly O'Clock.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Watched F1 really heavily over the years, but it really died for me around 2002. When "team orders" and picking on the non Euros (par for the course for FIA) I started to lose interest. Starting to get back into a little in the past couple years, but when the world's premier hybrid manufacturer isn't involved, I have trouble buying it as the pinnacle of motorsport.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Watched F1 really heavily over the years, but it really died for me around 2002. When "team orders" and picking on the non Euros (par for the course for FIA) I started to lose interest. Starting to get back into a little in the past couple years, but when the world's premier hybrid manufacturer isn't involved, I have trouble buying it as the pinnacle of motorsport.
I agree they were killing it with rule changes, they are working to tone down the rules that takes effect at the start of 2017 and a few in 2016.
I still believe this is the pinnacle of motorsport, less than it use to be but there isn't a car that can beat it, the paydrivers destroyed the way drivers were picked and you got a lot of shitty ones too.
But if you see a verstappen, sainz, hulkenberg, kvyat driving there back on a good track for the future with these drivers.

Costa

Lurker
Nov 9, 2015
Discussed no advertising with this user in PM.

Splinty

Last edited by a moderator:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Great thread guys. Grew up with F1. As a kid I watched these legends going at it...

Try to catch a race when I can.