Formula 1 thread - we are all eurotrash F1 lovers at heart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

Diamond hands get the tendies.
Sep 7, 2015
they just moved the Long beach grand prix until September that sucks by the it will be almost 2 years since the last got cancelled last April. they city is eerily dead without the grand Prix and the events before and after it covid highlighted how much life it brought to the city. Splinty @Splinty

Hauler

I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me
Feb 3, 2016
I started watching the Netflix docuseries Formula 1: Drive to Survive this weekend because I was having trouble falling asleep.

It's actually pretty good. Mainly focuses on the drivers, but there is some great race footage and behind the scenes politicking as well.

They show on track passes (aka overtaking), as well as drama during the pit stops (aka box), and plenty of crashes. It's a great way to watch the sport without subjecting yourself to 200 miles of follow-the-leader.

Season 1 so far has barely mentioned the stud of the sport - Hamilton/Mercedes - and pretty much focuses on the teams who are ecstatic to finish anywhere in the Top 10. Sort of an odd dynamic.

I do find it humorous how everyone apparently hates the lone American team (Haas) and their drivers (Grosjean & Magnussen)