Formula 1 thread - we are all eurotrash F1 lovers at heart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
they just moved the Long beach grand prix until September that sucks by the it will be almost 2 years since the last got cancelled last April. they city is eerily dead without the grand Prix and the events before and after it covid highlighted how much life it brought to the city. Splinty @Splinty

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I started watching the Netflix docuseries Formula 1: Drive to Survive this weekend because I was having trouble falling asleep.

It's actually pretty good. Mainly focuses on the drivers, but there is some great race footage and behind the scenes politicking as well.

They show on track passes (aka overtaking), as well as drama during the pit stops (aka box), and plenty of crashes. It's a great way to watch the sport without subjecting yourself to 200 miles of follow-the-leader.

Season 1 so far has barely mentioned the stud of the sport - Hamilton/Mercedes - and pretty much focuses on the teams who are ecstatic to finish anywhere in the Top 10. Sort of an odd dynamic.

I do find it humorous how everyone apparently hates the lone American team (Haas) and their drivers (Grosjean & Magnussen)

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
If anyone wanted to give a F1 season a watch, this would be the one. Incredible first race, I won't spoil it in case people want to watch the highlights but this could be one of the most exciting F1 seasons for a looooong time!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How about Red Bull taking 2 of 3 podium spots and Max passing Hamilton on lap 52 of 53 to take the French Grand Prix!

Good show, lads. Good show!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How about Red Bull taking 2 of 3 podium spots and Max passing Hamilton on lap 52 of 53 to take the French Grand Prix!

Good show, lads. Good show!

I knew you weren't too old to feel the thrill of F1!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What's up with a King Kong figurine being the trophy?

Also - the French National Anthem is shitty.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I knew you weren't too old to feel the thrill of F1!
I love all kinds of racing.
Just not enough passing in F1 for me to be a full time watch.

At 20 laps to go there was drama with the 1 stop / 2 stop strategy between Red Bull and Mercedes so I was in for that. Fun finish for sure.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Those fucking bastards.
Check it out on YouTube.

Hamilton definitely pinched him a bit ahead of the turn, but it looked like Max could have made it through the s turn without contact - but it would have been up on the bumps.

Just 2 dudes being racers I guess.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
thats cool but if they use a halo this is no longer open wheel racing they should just install a full roll cage and a roof. this halo device is very half assed in motorsports.
What does the cockpit have to do with the wheels? Maybe I'm not following your argument.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
What does the cockpit have to do with the wheels? Maybe I'm not following your argument.
I made a mistake in saying open wheel when referring to the cockpit but if the are going to put that halo thing thing might just go all the way with the safety and put in a full roll cage and roof.

Last edited: