General Fortaleza tequila

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Anyone else had this? It's currently the best stuff I've had, I reckon there is better tho.

Jesus X @Jesus X is there some other tequila I should check out?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
when I used to drink I only stuck to reposado tequilas or what they call "gold" in the u.s I don't like "blanco" or añejo tequilas I don't care about the brand as long as it is a reposado tequila.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
when I used to drink I only stuck to reposado tequilas or what they call "gold" in the u.s I don't like "blanco" or añejo tequilas I don't care about the brand as long as it is a reposado tequila.
I'll be on the lookout for it

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Have the strangest hangover. All the effects but no headache. Proper drowsy tho. That's some clean liquor

M

member 3289

I haven't had tequila in over 10 years. Fuck those hangovers

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Interesting.

I tend to prefer the the anejos because they've picked up more of the barrel notes and sometimes just taste richer to me.

Not at all a fan of Blanco/silver because they're too spikey and just alcohol sharp for my liking. Fine for shots or mixing because it doesn't get hidden in the cocktails but not interesting for sipping either.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Any of you guys like mexcal? It’s become popular here, but I can’t really get into it that much. I’d much rather drink good tequila.

To me, mexcal tastes like tequila mixed with a burning tire.

my bro brought this over last night. I had a little sip, but then went back to my bourbon :D

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Any of you guys like mexcal? It’s become popular here, but I can’t really get into it that much. I’d much rather drink good tequila.

To me, mexcal tastes like tequila mixed with a burning tire.

my bro brought this over last night. I had a little sip, but then went back to my bourbon :D

Like I mentioned in another thread, tequila is a kind of mezcal like bourbon, scotch, etc are kinds of whisk(e)y. Actually, it's like Speysides and Islays are kinds of scotch. I find myself preferring the Speysides over most Islays because I don't enjoy the overly peaty, smoky nature of most islays like Ardbeg and Lagovulin and Lophroaig.

You can find some really good mezcals that aren't so crazy dumpster fire tasting. But there's a lot that are.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Like I mentioned in another thread, tequila is a kind of mezcal like bourbon, scotch, etc are kinds of whisk(e)y. Actually, it's like Speysides and Islays are kinds of scotch. I find myself preferring the Speysides over most Islays because I don't enjoy the overly peaty, smoky nature of most islays like Ardbeg and Lagovulin and Lophroaig.

You can find some really good mezcals that aren't so crazy dumpster fire tasting. But there's a lot that are.
Yep. Mezcal is made from any type of agave, and tequila is made from a specific agave. And I think they fire roast the plant for the mezcal, hence the smokey flavor.

I’m with you regarding scotch, I don’t like the heavy peat or smokey ones as much.

Have you ever tried sotol? It’s another cousin to tequila. I’ve only ever had it in border towns and in Big Bend. I remember it being similar to mezcal, so if you like that it may be worth a try.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Yep. Mezcal is made from any type of agave, and tequila is made from a specific agave. And I think they fire roast the plant for the mezcal, hence the smokey flavor.

I’m with you regarding scotch, I don’t like the heavy peat or smokey ones as much.

Have you ever tried sotol? It’s another cousin to tequila. I’ve only ever had it in border towns and in Big Bend. I remember it being similar to mezcal, so if you like that it may be worth a try.
I'm going to have to give this a whirl if it's smokey.

I'm a heathen with tequila, I either drown it in pineapple, mix it with milk and kaluha (sounds gross but works awesomely) or cook with it.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just had some of that respado. Bit smokey for me. Also I purchased a scarf today, it cost a lot of money and it's fucken irritating me. I'm sure I'll get drunk and my brain will lose it.

Not fussed tho. As far as scarves go, this one's a right cunt