General Found some Brit Money

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That is a beaut

I check coin star machines for the rejects when I walk by them, they reject silver coins usually because the weight is off

Have found 3 silver dimes and a silver quarter...Silver dime is worth 2 bucks and a silver quarter around 5 bucks
remeber bck like 10 years ago when all those places were buying scap gold and silver? i went down to meet with an appraiser (lol) and see if it was worth selling some of my shit. their appraiser offered me 3x face value on my coins . obviously i knew what they were worth before i even left the house. 3x face value didnt even cover the cost of the silver let alone value (rareness) of the coins. i ended up keeping my coins and selling a couple old silver chains and rings i had been hording. even on them they tried to cheap me out. i will hold on the coins forever .most of the came in to my hands way back in the day when i worked as a pizza delivery driver.i just kept anything that looked like it might be worth something one day instead of cashing out in to the till. if they arent worth anything in my life time maybe they will be when my son gets old and cash doesnt exist anymore

M

member 3289

A crown was 5 shillings in old money, there were 20 shillings to a pound. A shilling was 12d (old pence), so 60 pence.

After decimilisation shillings were worth 5p, so a crown would be 25p in new money.
Got it.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
remeber bck like 10 years ago when all those places were buying scap gold and silver? i went down to meet with an appraiser (lol) and see if it was worth selling some of my shit. their appraiser offered me 3x face value on my coins . obviously i knew what they were worth before i even left the house. 3x face value didnt even cover the cost of the silver let alone value (rareness) of the coins. i ended up keeping my coins and selling a couple old silver chains and rings i had been hording. even on them they tried to cheap me out. i will hold on the coins forever .most of the came in to my hands way back in the day when i worked as a pizza delivery driver.i just kept anything that looked like it might be worth something one day instead of cashing out in to the till. if they arent worth anything in my life time maybe they will be when my son gets old and cash doesnt exist anymore
smart
Silver will have it's day when the dollar inevitably crashes...it cannot be propped up forever...plus sometimes it is nice to pass along coins like that thru the family over times

US constitutional silver 90%(pre 1964) sells for roughly 19-23 times face value...certain rare coins can have collector value and sell for much much more...I think most canadian silver coins aren't 90% but I don't know much about them

"Green Energy" uses a lot of silver...Silver demand is rising fast and the market is heavily manipulated...current spot price is a joke

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
smart
Silver will have it's day when the dollar inevitably crashes...it cannot be propped up forever...plus sometimes it is nice to pass along coins like that thru the family over times

US constitutional silver 90%(pre 1964) sells for roughly 19-23 times face value...certain rare coins can have collector value and sell for much much more...I think most canadian silver coins aren't 90% but I don't know much about them

"Green Energy" uses a lot of silver...Silver demand is rising fast and the market is heavily manipulated...current spot price is a joke
pre 1967 canadian quarters and dimes are silver after that it is lesser purity

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
smart

FFS.

What does anyone want silver for? All you dumbasses do is buy it in the hopes it becomes valuable down the line. The only way to make money from silver is by selling it to other idiots of a similar donkey brain.

It's Pokémon cards for tards.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Silver buying motherfuckers.

What the fuck do you even use silver for nowadays?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
FFS.

What does anyone want silver for? All you dumbasses do is buy it in the hopes it becomes valuable down the line. The only way to make money from silver is by selling it to other idiots of a similar donkey brain.

silver increases in value at a higher ratio than gold and is affordable for the average person. its not practical to horde 1000 dollar gold coins . last time metals surged silver went from 4 bucks to 48 buck an oz a 12x increase . gold went from 500 buck to 2000 bucks a 4x increase .while gold holds more value there is more profit in silver

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
silver increases in value at a higher ratio than gold and is affordable for the average person. its not practical to horde 1000 dollar gold coins . last time metals surged silver went from 4 bucks to 48 buck an oz a 12x increase . gold went from 500 buck to 2000 bucks a 4x increase .while gold holds more value there is more profit in silver
So Pokémon cards.

Gotcha

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
FFS.

I bought silver coins for 15 bucks an ounce last year
I can sell same coin locally for 30 today(I sold some to a coin dealer just to confirm they actually buy)
A few days ago that same coin could fetch 35 locally(spot price dropped 2.5 dollars in last day or two)

I don't think it is for tards
It is a hedge against inflation and a long term investment(How long term is the only question)

When economies go belly up Precious metals can purchase valuable assets while a wheelbarrow of paper money buys a loaf of bread

Silver is in a lot of the stuff you use every single day including the phone in your hand and the other electronics you use to watch Lost on...It is not just a shiny metal, it has thousands of industrial uses beyond shiny and jewelry...same goes for gold.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I can sell same coin locally for 30 today(I sold some to a coin dealer just to confirm they actually buy)
A few days ago that same coin could fetch 35 locally(spot price dropped 2.5 dollars in last day or two)

It is a hedge against inflation and a long term investment(How long term is the only question)

When economies go belly up Precious metals can purchase valuable assets while a wheelbarrow of paper money buys a loaf of bread

Silver is in a lot of the stuff you use every single day including the phone in your hand and the other electronics you use to watch Lost on...It is not just a shiny metal, it has thousands of industrial uses beyond shiny and jewelry...same goes for gold.
I'm watching lost now. Benjamin just gassed all the dharma initiative and shot Locke.

Why make coins out of silver if it's useful? Should save you neckbeards the time and effort of trying to catch them like Pokémon

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Shit. Wall Street has crashed. It's a wheelbarrow full of Zimbabwe dollars or half a silver Pokémon token or the baker won't make us bread.....

You live in America.

Just shoot the baker.

And snatch his gold chain.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's weird. I'm on the train watching Wayne. Good start BTW. But they are talking about rare pokemon cards. You have a thing for these things?
Nah I remember them tho. I watched that show yesterday, must've been what put it in my head.