Francis Ngannou Partners With CashApp, Will Get Half Of UFC 270 Purse In Bitcoin

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou is following the lead of other notable athletes when it comes to the world of cryptocurrency.

Ngannou will reportedly convert half of his UFC 270 to Bitcoin, after an initial report by MMA journalist Ariel Helwani. He’ll also give away $300,000 worth of Bitcoin via his social media followings on Twitter and Instagram.

Ngannou later posted a video on his Twitter page confirming the news.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1483501508293320705

“After learning more and more about Bitcoin, I truly believe it is the future of money,” Ngannou said. “Bitcoin has the ability to empower people all over the world and that’s why I’m excited to partner with Cash App to give some of my fans the opportunity to own some Bitcoin of their own.” (h/t BJPenn)
Ngannou joins the likes of NFL stars Aaron Rodgers and Odell Beckham Jr., along with former UFC lightweight title challenger Kevin Lee, among athletes who have dove headfirst into the world of cryptocurrency. It’s unclear if his deal with Bitcoin and CashApp will be long-term.

Ngannou is set to make his first heavyweight title defense at UFC 270 this weekend. He’ll face interim champion Ciryl Gane, a former teammate of his at MMA Factory.

Ngannou earned the title after defeating Stipe Miocic last year at UFC 260. He is widely regarded as one of the most exciting heavyweights in MMA history.

Ngannou’s brand continues to flourish after he became champion. He’s made numerous trips to his home country of Cameroon and was even called out for a boxing match by heavyweight star Tyson Fury.

His partnership with CashApp and Bitcoin comes amidst an ongoing contract dispute with the UFC, and his fight at UFC 270 against Gane could potentially be his last with the promotion.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i wonder how dana is going to take this when they have an exclusive deal with crypto.com

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucken world of warcraft gold.

It will collapse at some point

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
bwahahaha those fucking chancers. almost felt sorry for the cheerful dumb cunt they sent to butter us up. muppets.
I would love to get an update on the status of game-changing venture. Alan is probably being served drinks and fed grapes by big tiddy beauties in Ibiza cooking wagyu steaks on stacks of cash. Well played TapStats. Well played.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
love their completely idle lack of preparation and thinking around the idea.

when they said they would accept money on behalf of fighters they weren't in contact with, that was such an obvious problem. they wanted to use that money for raffles to 'give back to the fans.'

imagine tipping a fighter. then discovering they got nothing, and it was frivolously given away to some dickhead instead.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Fucken world of warcraft gold.

It will collapse at some point
Yeah, I’ve been approached by several individuals asking me to invest in this unknown entity

not happening, I just don’t understand it

be careful Francie

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Francis is trying to get fired.
he must be .i cant think of any other reason to sabotage your own career while literally at the top. he must have terrible people around him . the guy is the ufc HW champ . from where he came from to where he is today is literally the stuff movies are made from yet he is still not happy .

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
he must be .i cant think of any other reason to sabotage your own career while literally at the top. he must have terrible people around him . the guy is the ufc HW champ . from where he came from to where he is today is literally the stuff movies are made from yet he is still not happy .
He must think Bellator is going to be the next big thing

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Says he had to borrow money for his last fight camp...puts half his money in bitcon while driving a fancy car.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
he knows he's going to lose. he was quoted as saying he'd be happy enough with what he's achieved, so if he loses, it's not so bad.

that's risky talk for his psychology. surely he doesn't want any in-built options to quit.