Francis Ngannou

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Will he be welcomed back at the UFC Performance Institute?

• Yes

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • No - they were never friends

Votes: 28 73.7%

• Total voters

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
they're certainly mad. they'll have offline chats. and they will probably diss him for a little more to save face. but he's way too marketable, and has too much potential for exciting fights, to disown him

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
well he lost his aggression and 12 lbs of muscle

what goes on at that training institute?

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
francis is shot. his heart wasnt in it.they need to feed him some guys who are barely ranked and build him back up. if he fights timid like that again i say its a wrap for him

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
honestly reminded me of Jones vs OSP a bit...killer instinct gone...aggression gone...body changes

I truly feel he fell out of Favor with UFC and they stopped giving him special treatment and priviledges

Or he bet Lewis by decision at +1050 and is gonna by Compound in Cameroon

or mental issues of some sort

What about Derrick Lewis jumping switch kick though LOL...amazing and may have cracked Francis's arm

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
francis is shot. his heart wasnt in it.they need to feed him some guys who are barely ranked and build him back up. if he fights timid like that again i say its a wrap for him
Have you ever seen a fighter completely mentally destroyed like Nganou appears to be after the Stipe fight? I'm pretty sure I haven't.
Before anyone says GSP, he got cautious after Serra, but he still engaged.

Also, why the fuck wasn't Herb Dean calling for action? We've seen a lot more ref intervention in far less boring fights. That awful, awful fight was a failure on his part too, imo.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He had landed THREE punches thru two rounds. That’s literally unheard of, especially for a guy that flattened HW’s like Overeem.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Can someone translate what Dana meant by talking about Francis’ ego getting in the way? What does that have to do with not throwing punches?

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I still cannot wrap my brain around this. I gave him a mulligan for round 1, but once we where a minute plus into round 2 I knew he would do this the entire fight, I did not expect him to go for the jugular in round 3 and he did not. I just don't understand how he can be this mentally fragile. It's not like he lost to a chump, he lost to Stipe, Ngannou brought up himself up from being homeless on the street in France to this level, really sad to see him just doubt himself like he did yesterday.

No disrespect to Derrick Lewis, but Ngannou at his best should beat that guy and beat him by a finish, he's just way too skilled and talented compared to Derrick Lewis. This was sad to see. I hope he gets back to his true form, never seen anything like this.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Have you ever seen a fighter completely mentally destroyed like Nganou appears to be after the Stipe fight? I'm pretty sure I haven't.

Also, why the fuck wasn't Herb Dean calling for action? We've seen a lot more ref intervention in far less boring fights. That awful, awful fight was a failure on his part too, imo.

Herb Dean has really gone from one of the best refs to really becoming a pretty fucking bad ref the last few years. He can't figure out when to stop fights. He has fights that he stops way too early too often, but then other fights where he let's it go too long. Also in this fight, you can't just passively tell them 1 or 2 times about not being active, fuck tell them wtih more authority and if they don't listen, take away points from them.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
honestly reminded me of Jones vs OSP a bit...killer instinct gone...aggression gone...body changes

I truly feel he fell out of Favor with UFC and they stopped giving him special treatment and priviledges

Or he bet Lewis by decision at +1050 and is gonna by Compound in Cameroon

or mental issues of some sort

What about Derrick Lewis jumping switch kick though LOL...amazing and may have cracked Francis's arm
He threw a few of those against hunt too. Hilarious watching such a big guy do ttat.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Idk what happened, did Stipe took his soul?

I thought it would be the best fight of the night and it was the worst, but other fights were so good I didnt mind, well... kinda sorta

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Herb Dean has really gone from one of the best refs to really becoming a pretty fucking bad ref the last few years. He can't figure out when to stop fights. He has fights that he stops way too early too often, but then other fights where he let's it go too long. Also in this fight, you can't just passively tell them 1 or 2 times about not being active, fuck tell them wtih more authority and if they don't listen, take away points from them.
Herb has always sucked, imo

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Rogan needs to bring Francis into the studio for the “i think you’d be surprised” talk.

Nov 21, 2015

Herb did Yellow Card them

T

The Big Guy

He had landed THREE punches thru two rounds. That’s literally unheard of, especially for a guy that flattened HW’s like Overeem.
Maybe he bet that fight to go the distance at like +500 knowing it would pay better than that petty 50k performance bonus

Aj Garcia

Pro Fighter
Jun 23, 2018
It was so weird. He was bouncing around and moving like he was ready to throw down any second but just never did. Truly bizarre.

Does anyone remember the total strikes thrown stat?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
It was so weird. He was bouncing around and moving like he was ready to throw down any second but just never did. Truly bizarre.

I think it was 31 combined with Francis only having 11. That statement isn't total thrown though, it's landed.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Danus really threw ngannou under the bus. He said his ego got out of control. This happens with every fighter they try to over-hype, so I don't know what that has to do with anything. Apparently it's fine for rhonda and conor.

Last edited:
M

member 1013

Seemed like both guys were a bit intimidated by facing an opponent of equal size and power.

IMO

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Ngannou is the typical bully. He alpha'd Overeem in the lead up to the fight, had him shook. Stipe and Lewis didn't buy into that shit, and he just looked awkward and unsure of himself. He told Overeem he was going to put him to sleep and Overeem looked scared. He did it to Lewis and he got shit talked back and shoved. He fought scared because Lewis stood up to him IMO

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I know right...he had great footwork and was bobbing and weaving like roy jones...just forgot to actually punch...threw like 3-4 good kicks all fight and only a few punches...wtf