Frank Mir opens up on Fedor loss (Phone Booth Fighting)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
So Frank was embarrassed he got tossed in the air, lost his cool, started swinging and woke up on the ground and does not remember Fedor's punches. That is a true KO.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Interesting he didn't mention the impact watching Avengers Infinity War before the fight had on him. It was too astonishing to bypass those emotions.:D

Really, I thought Frank looked fantastic, I mean killer. I don't put as much into the unified rules/ Illinois rules split second confusion after the initial drop as much as he wants to, or the guillotine instead of the knee attempt, I just thought Fedor's will to win would've negated those attempts anyway; his recovery and wherewithal were just exemplary, displayed by how quickly he trapped the outside hooks and lulled Frank before the hip toss.
As Jimmy Smith said during the Arlovski fight, "he's a thinking man's fighter".

For any doubters, I think it's pretty clear now that it was the combination of Fedors massive looping right clipping Frank and the umph behind the short left combined that did the trick, and not solely the left.
Fedor's vision was superb to anticipate Frank's left as lower than his upcoming right.
The follow-ups were pinpoint; over, under under over over...one of, if not the only times a ref had to really shove him off.
As I detailed, DARK PLACE FEDOR.

I saw how upset Fedor was after Mitrione.
A fire was lit and we saw vintage Fedor.
I simply do not give Chael a chance in hell.
I will say though, at 41, it's now or never.
And it's FANTASTIC for MMA.

ACB will be good this weekend, excellent MMA between that and RIZIN, and it'll be good to hear Frank's commentary and surely he'll touch on a bit of his own post-fight analysis again I'm sure.

I'll say it again, Frank looked scary good, I don't see him losing his next 3 unless one is against Minakov.
Props to MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK for getting the inside track with Angelo Reyes, which was fantastic insider intel on Frank's preparation, which showed.

**Edit
I was actually sitting directly behind Richard Hunter & Garreth Davies at the fight *shutters*

Last edited:

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Does he ramble on for hours. He isnt one to cut to the point these days.

I cant listen here... and if it is more than 1 minute long I struggle. He waffles