Frank Mir received a two-year sanction after multiple positive tests for a prohibited substance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

"USADA announced today that UFC® athlete, Francisco (Frank) Mir, of Las Vegas, Nev., received a two-year sanction after multiple positive tests for a prohibited substance.

"Mir, 38, tested positive for a long-term metabolite of dehydrochloromethyltestosterone (DHCMT), following an in-competition test conducted on March 20, 2016, at UFC Fight Night 85 in Brisbane, Australia. DHCMT is a non-Specified Substance in the class of Anabolic Agents and prohibited at all times under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, which has adopted the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List. The finding of a long-term DHCMT metabolite in Mir’s sample, which was identified through a new detection method by the WADA-accredited laboratory in Tokyo, Japan, led to Mir being provisionally suspended from competition on April 8, 2016.

"Upon learning of the positive results of the sample analyzed in Tokyo, USADA had all previously collected stored samples for Mir reanalyzed at the WADA-accredited laboratory in Salt Lake City, Utah (SMRTL), which had also recently implemented methodology for the detection of newly identified long-term DHCMT metabolites. As a result of the additional analyses, SMRTL discovered that an out-of-competition sample Mir provided on February 5, 2016, which had previously been reported to USADA as negative for the presence of prohibited substances, was also positive for the same long-term DHCMT metabolite found in Mir’s in-competition sample...."

More from USADA: Francisco (Frank) Mir Receives Doping Sanction | USADA

Frank Mir’s response:

View: https://m.facebook.com/OfficialFrankMir/posts/741025489399975

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
This is so interesting. It sounds like he was taking something that he knew they couldn't catch him on, and then their tests got better.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Mir might as well retire.he is well past prime and has had a long and successful career.he doesn't come across as a guy who is foolish with his money.its time to call it a career and concentrate on the grappling circuit or just enjoy retirement

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The old "there is an alternate take on the facts you can only hear on my podcast now that I know I won't be fighting anymore" trick.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Do some of the trace metabolites hang around for 2 years?? I thought it was longer than 2 years that he was on approved trt anyway

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Do some of the trace metabolites hang around for 2 years?? I thought it was longer than 2 years that he was on approved trt anyway
Wouldn't everyone who took trt test positive then? If Vitor didn't test positive for it (he was on all of the trt known to man) there's no damn way it was from trt.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No. Half life of Test is 14 days. Shit would be completely out of one's system in 30 days.