Frank Mir responds to suspension: ‘USADA now has two versions of their narrative’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir is quite unhappy with the US Anti-Doping Agency about his drug suspension. Mir was handed a two-year ban by USADA after a long investigation into two out-of-competition tests ahead of a UFC Fight Night bout in Australia last year, but believes that USADA is being inconsistent with their narratives surrounding his case.

Mir was provisionally suspended following a positive test for anabolic agent DHMCT last April, but his previous test was negative in February 2016 for it. Apparently USADA has found new methods to test for it now though, and his previous sample was re-tested and came up positive. Hence the two years.

Mir issued a…

Mir responds to USADA suspension: ‘It is frustrating’

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The 2 year suspension is a blessing for mir. He shouldn't be fighting anymore with all the trauma he has taken.

C

Ceiling Fan

Commissions shouldn't be able to utilize ex post facto testing and regulations to go after fighters. It's one thing to use a new test to exonerate the fighter, but it's another to punish them after the fact. No sir, I don't like it.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Commissions shouldn't be able to utilize ex post facto testing and regulations to go after fighters. It's one thing to use a new test to exonerate the fighter, but it's another to punish them after the fact. No sir, I don't like it.
Wasn't he suspended directly after the fight and he claimed tainted meat in austrailia? I think they are just issuing the punishment now.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Thats what you get for eating kangaroo taint meat

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
He shouldn't be fighting anymore with all the trauma he has taken
Have to agree with ya on this. I've always liked Frank and watching him fight, but he's taken a lot of heavy shots to his dome. It seems like his chin softened a while ago, no need to take any more brain damage.

Will the suspension prevent the UFC from hooking him up with an analyst or commentating gig? He could still be involved like that, he was good in that role IMO (as long as Torres wasn't fighting :D)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't agree with the suspension if, as Frank says, the trace metabolite could date to when he had an exemption.