Frank Mir vs Antonio Tarver on Askren/Paul undercard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
R.i.p Franks ?
This was of course my reaction, but Tarver is 50 fucking 2. Yeah, Tyson and Roy looked in decent shape for quinquagenarians (yes, this is what you actually call them), but we can't expect that to be the rule rather than the exception. If we keep dragging 50-year-olds into the ring, one of them is eventually going to perform like a 50-year-old.

Don't get me wrong, Frank can't box for shit even in his best days and is as worn out as old boots. But 41 isn't 52. Frank has also fought (and even won) in the last 18 months, whereas Tarver hasn't boxed since 2014. Tarver will still likely destroy him, but Tarver's age is one variable that gives Frank a faint glimmer of hope.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This was of course my reaction, but Tarver is 50 fucking 2. Yeah, Tyson and Roy looked in decent shape for quinquagenarians (yes, this is what you actually call them), but we can't expect that to be the rule rather than the exception. If we keep dragging 50-year-olds into the ring, one of them is eventually going to perform like a 50-year-old.

Don't get me wrong, Frank can't box for shit even in his best days and is as worn out as old boots. But 41 isn't 52. Frank has also fought (and even won) in the last 18 months, whereas Tarver hasn't boxed since 2014. Tarver will still likely destroy him, but Tarver's age is one variable that gives Frank a faint glimmer of hope.
Age is only relevant when you're discussing similar skillsets.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Age is only relevant when you're discussing similar skillsets.
Within reason. A 100-year-old boxer is not going to beat Frank no matter who he was.

But yes, the age differential in this case is almost certainly not enough to overcome the vast discrepancy in skill.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Within reason. A 100-year-old boxer is not going to beat Frank no matter who he was.

But yes, the age differential in this case is almost certainly not enough to overcome the vast discrepancy in skill.

100 yo Rocky Marciano beats Frank every day of the year.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

Ok I give up. I missed your name change and can’t figure out who you were. Can a brother get a little help?