Frankie Edgar is targeting UFC title fight vs. Max Holloway ‘in March or April’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar was supposed to be Max Holloway’s opponent at UFC 218 in Detroit two weeks ago. But because of a broken orbital bone sustained during training, “The Answer” was forced off the card and was subsequently replaced by Jose Aldo.

On Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour, Edgar confirmed that he is still lined up for a title shot against Holloway, per a conversation with UFC president Dana White during the UFC’s Fight Night event in Fresno on Saturday.

“He said we’re just figuring out - this is after this weekend’s fight - we’re just waiting to see what’s next,” Edgar said. “I think March or April sounds good, so one of those dates I…

Frankie Edgar is targeting UFC title fight vs. Max Holloway ‘in March or April’

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I hope Frankie gets what he wants. That fight would be a treat for fans also. Watching people pick the winner tells me there is no clear cut winner in the fans minds. Those are always the most interesting fights.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
This gets me thinking that the truest champions have to clear out their whole division (at least the top 5) rather than (as some people say) defend the belt once.

If Edgar wins, he still was unable to beat aldo twice.... champion by definition is a person who has beaten or surpassed all rivals in a competition.

Should be a good fight. Think Holloway wins this one

Last edited:

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
This gets me thinking that the truest champions have to clear out their whole division (at least the top 5) rather than (as some people say) defend the belt once.

If Edgar wins, he still was unable to beat aldo twice.... champion by definition is a person who has beaten or surpassed all rivals in a competition.

Should be an good fight. Think Holloway wins this one
True to a point but we have to remember and as cliche as it sounds styles do make fights. Frankie's style is terrible for Aldo but could he good for max we will see. Problem with Frankie is he doesn't have the length he needs to impose his striking
more to set up his takedowns. He will need to make this a dog fight and drag max down like he did in his last fight.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
True to a point but we have to remember and as cliche as it sounds styles do make fights. Frankie's style is terrible for Aldo but could he good for max we will see. Problem with Frankie is he doesn't have the length he needs to impose his striking
more to set up his takedowns. He will need to make this a dog fight and drag max down like he did in his last fight.
I think if Frankie wins this he’s gotta make his name legendary and try to challenge for 135 lb belt before he retires... he could be the first 3 weight champ

And yes styles make fights.... but Itd Be weird because if aldo made a title run he’d beat Edgar again then Holloway would be aldo and Edgar would beat Holloway (hypothetically) so like they’d just be exchanging belts because they wouldn’t be dominant. Again this is hypothetical — if Edgar beats holloway

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I think if Frankie wins this he’s gotta make his name legendary and try to challenge for 135 lb belt before he retires... he could be the first 3 weight champ

And yes styles make fights.... but Itd Be weird because if aldo made a title run he’d beat Edgar again then Holloway would be aldo and Edgar would beat Holloway (hypothetically) so like they’d just be exchanging belts because they wouldn’t be dominant. Again this is hypothetical — if Edgar beats holloway
Agreed and that sucks when that happens. Maybe the division is too weak?