Frankie edgar would beat dos anjos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who wins

• Total voters

nni

Jan 21, 2015
They are in different weight classes and I don't think Edgar is going back up to LW. But I think Dos Anjos puts a beating on Edgar.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
They are in different weight classes and I don't think Edgar is going back up to LW. But I think Dos Anjos puts a beating on Edgar.
Yea i know, just hypothetically speaking. I think Frankie would be too quick for him.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I think Frankie would win, but not beat him. Frankie will utilize his footwork to outpoint RDA. But I doubt he beats any ass at 155. Maybe edge out a close fight. He's definitely a 145 fighter. I'm curious to see him at 135 also.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
I think Frankie would win, but not beat him. Frankie will utilize his footwork to outpoint RDA. But I doubt he beats any ass at 155. Maybe edge out a close fight. He's definitely a 145 fighter. I'm curious to see him at 135 also.
Yea he can make any fight close. Also would like to see him at 135, he should have probably gone down awhile ago probably would of had a title shot by now.

i may be the only one tho but i think hes better at 155, hes speed, boxing, wrestling and footwork all mixed together against bigger guys realy works well for him. Especially the fact that he mixes it up so well.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Yea he can make any fight close. Also would like to see him at 135, he should have probably gone down awhile ago probably would of had a title shot by now.

i may be the only one tho but i think hes better at 155, hes speed, boxing, wrestling and footwork all mixed together against bigger guys realy works well for him. Especially the fact that he mixes it up so well.
Yea for sure he's best at 155 but hate his style at 155. Always tryn to outpoint guys at 55, but at 45 he's able to finish. I do think he'll lose speed advantage at 135. Kinda saw that lil but against some guys at 145

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
I think it would be a good fight either way. RDA's striking is excellent, but I wouldn't say it's better than Aldo and while Edgar may have lost the decision to him, he wasn't massacred. The big x-factor would be RDA's strength in the wrestling, but Edgar's shown he can out wrestle much stronger lightweights before. TBH, the fact we can even be discussing this makes me even more a fan of Edgar :)

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Frankie is game as fuck. He could beat almost anyone at 145/155 not named Aldo.

I was calling for him to move back up when Pettis claimed the 155 belt. I believe Edgar would have grinded down Pettis

I think the safe bet would be Edgar over RDA

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I think it would be a good fight either way. RDA's striking is excellent, but I wouldn't say it's better than Aldo and while Edgar may have lost the decision to him, he wasn't massacred. The big x-factor would be RDA's strength in the wrestling, but Edgar's shown he can out wrestle much stronger lightweights before. TBH, the fact we can even be discussing this makes me even more a fan of Edgar :)
I would love to see Khabib v Edgar. Everyone goes on like Khabib is some unstoppable wrestling machine but I believe Edgar could outstrike and outgrapple him imo

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
I think Edgar takes it, Edgar can take anyone down at 135-155 because of how well he sets up his shots and he also has a wider range of TDs than anyone at 135 through h to 155 there are many good wrestlers but mainly rely on singles and doubles whereas Frankie utilizes , more trips , throws, catches kicks better than anyone and his chin is like iron , great footwork and boxing and his kick boxing has really come into its own as well. But the thing is Edgar has taken a bunchn of damage in the past and eventually that will catch up to him... Just hope its not anytime soon

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
We've yet to see Dos Anjos with the new enhanced testing, which will either silence a lot of his critics, or do just the opposite. The Frankie Edgar we've seen in his last two or three fights can still be champion at 155 or 145, but the clock is ticking on his fighting career. He barely lost a decision to a prime Aldo in his very first fight at 145, but since then it hasn't been easy for him to get back into the title picture, in large part dude to his style. The fact that he was passed over for the McGregor fight, in spite of Mendes not being ready physically, says a lot about how the UFC views Frankie in 2015...good and bad.