Freddie Roach: GSP wants Conor McGregor for final fight of contract

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Freddie Roach has been a key figure in Georges St-Pierre’s camp for years now.

Roach revealed that he will now be in St-Pierre’s corner for the upcoming title fight against Michael Bisping. In a recent interview with Fight Hub TV, the famed boxing trainer responded to those who criticize St-Pierre’s match-up against “The Count.” He also spoke about how they plan to go about the successive fights after facing Bisping.

“That was the fight that was offered to us, through Dana (White),” Roach said of the Bisping matchup. “(He asked us) ‘do you want him?’ And we all thought about it, and we all said yes.”

“With the last fight, we’re hoping (for it) to be (Conor) McGregor.”

Video: Roach says GSP wants McGregor for final fight

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Does he really want that brain damage to end his career. I mean, I don't doubt GSP could pull it off but he'd take a few good shots getting there!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
news flash - UFC isn't letting you negotiate on the open market coming off Conor fight.

Assuming nothing changes, Conor is the guy you get as the first fight on your new contract.

Nov 21, 2015
Dat GSP vs Conor Mcgregor Money!

This is the only fight GSP really wants. He needs the belt from Bisping to really sell it
and thats why he's going after the Count. Sees him as just a stepping stone to them Mac Dollars

If I were to bet then I would take the odds and bet heavily on GSP in this fight.
I'm not advocating anyone else do it but it would be fairly tempting for me.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Damn. I hoped he would at least manage to have a comeback fight before someone letting this out.

Marketing really isnt these mo fo's strong point is it.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Lol at Freddie Roach saying "we" like he's genuinely part of GSP's management team. What he means is there was a conference call and GSP's management let him, Firas, Greg Jackson, John Danaher and a couple others sit in on mute.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
GSP is far superior to Bisping in every facet. But Bisping is bigger so that may play a factor.

If he gets by Bisping, GSP would ragdoll Conor.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Lol at Freddie Roach saying "we" like he's genuinely part of GSP's management team. What he means is there was a conference call and GSP's management let him, Firas, Greg Jackson, John Danaher and a couple others sit in on mute.
Freddie was actually quite influential in GSP's new deal. GSP's management couldn't get it done, forcing GSP to reach out to Freddie, and some other guy, who together sorted the deal out for GSP. GSP has gone on record saying this is what happened. I think it helped GSP to have a third party that he respected make the deal to get ego's out of the way, because he also said he's not entirely happy with the deal, but I doubt the UFC are either.

Last edited:

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Mental toughness? Bisping has never tapped to strikes.
You're right. He's just been KTFO a few times. Poor Georges doesn't know the glory of getting flatlined. Honestly, how does he expect to compete with Bisping considering that?

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
You're right. He's just been KTFO a few times. Poor Georges doesn't know the glory of getting flatlined. Honestly, how does he expect to compete with Bisping considering that?
Good job he will be joining the club then.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015

Negotiations with the UFC and GSP's contract happened because of Freddie Roach. When it was done Roach, GSP and Dana have all said that Freddie will be in Georges Corner for his fights. Freddie's first cornering in MMA and no doubt Dana realized this, Roach being in a corner for a UFC fight is a very good thing for the company.

For sure Freddie has a right to say what he did. Just not the smartest thing to say as a marketing strategy.