Free Books (Science, Math, Programming, etc.) Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mfan773

Shake 'em off
Jun 14, 2015
As far as I am aware, all of these books are free (licenses that allow you to read these for free). I usually stick with the URL's that have a .edu or other well known sites like O'Reilly.

A First Course in Linear Algebra (A Free Textbook) (Mostly math, but has some links that are for programming)
free-programming-books/free-programming-books.md at master · vhf/free-programming-books · GitHub (Mostly programming, but also includes other things like math)
http://neuroscience.uth.tmc.edu/ (Neuroscience)
ABSTRACT ALGEBRA ON LINE: Contents (Abstract Algebra, advanced type of algebra)
Online Introduction to Biology - The Book (Biology)
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (Programming)
Books by Ivan Marsic (Computers, Programming, Networking)
Online texts (Advanced Math)
The Feynman Lectures on Physics (Famous physics lectures by Richard Feynman)
books (More advanced Math)
Classics in the History of Psychology -- Author Index (Works of famous Psychologists)
CCNBook/Main - Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Wiki (Computational Cognitive Neuroscience)
Chess Tactics Explained in English: Ward Farnsworth's Predator at the Chessboard (Tactics in Chess)

I have a lot more that I will add to the list.

mfan773

Shake 'em off
Jun 14, 2015
My bad, I guess this is the wrong forum, if you want you can move it to the Off-topic forum.

mfan773

Shake 'em off
Jun 14, 2015
Calculus-Based Physics (Calculus based Physics)
Operating Systems: Three Easy Pieces (Computer Operating Systems Concepts)
ChemWiki: The Dynamic Chemistry E-textbook - Chemwiki (A wiki styled ebook that also covers math, physics, geology, etc. Still looks to need some more work on certain wikis)
Table of Contents (Organic Chemistry)
Bit by Bit | Bit by Bit (Computer History)
Contents (Semiconductor Devices)
Books - OSDev Wiki (This site is a wiki dedicated to creating your own Operating Systems. This link will display a list of books (some of them are free, just press Ctrl+F and type free) that cover the different aspects of computers)
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy | An encyclopedia of philosophy articles written by professional philosophers. (An encyclopedia of sorts on Philosophy)
Table of Contents (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy) (More Philosophy)
ChaosBook.org (Chaos Theory Physics and Math)
Online economics textbooks (Books on Economics, though some of the links might not work anymore)

mfan773

Shake 'em off
Jun 14, 2015
Thank you for posting these, many are over my head lol

The pool book sounds cool, thx!
I believe the billiards site is just a collection of articles that explain concepts as well as some of them being heavy with physics/math, not all though. He does have a book that is published that is pretty cheap that is about how to play well with just the concepts.

View: http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Principles-Pool-Billiards/dp/1402714289/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434380166&sr=1-9&keywords=billiards

I will post some math stuff that is closer to beginner level (basic algebra, trigonometry, etc.)