Lifestyle FU credit scores

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
I'm so pissed off...I had a good credit score...applied for several small business loans, like every one on the internet I could find-plus my bank for a commercial loan. We are in a pinch and need a building before the end of the month. Well...my bank loan was denied because my credit score was too low. What?!?! All those other places did hard runs and my score dropped by like 85 points.. WTH??? That is so fu%king stupid. Just because someone checks... the score drops. FU credit scores.

Now I'm having trouble buying a damn cell phone.

#Murica

M

member 1013

Yea your best bet is always to get one check and give copies out to prospective lenders. If they won't take it tell them to kick rocks.

As to why it affects your score, it's a bunch of malarkey that people opening new lines of credit or credit accounts are a higher risk to not pay on time. So they hit you with a G.W. Bush style preemptive strike I guess.

It's all bullshit man.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The whole thing is bullshit dude. And these fuckers are playing with people's livelihood right. I've got an "excellent" credit score right now but I've got two medical companies filing collections one too. One I will absolutely refuse to pay. It's a bill from 2 years ago that they're just now sending me. The charge is legit but you wanna to approach me for it 2 years later through collections? Good luck.

The other is a bill I've already paid. Shit is stupid. I can imagine what it will drop mine but I don't give a fuck honestly. I don't see myself needing a loan anytime soon.

GJdeux @GJdeux - you should still have scores in the 700's right? You should still be able to get the funds you need my man. Got someone in the finance business local, that you can consult with?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Bummer man. It sucks, but that's one of the ways they can ding your score.

Like @Hot Rod said, you can always check your credit score for free (once a year anyway) and there are other ways to monitor your credit for free (like through a credit card or checking account, I can do that at my bank). When you need to take a loan or get a line of credit you should be able to speak with the bank and they can tell you what the minimum required credit score will be for what you want. That way you should know if you are likely to get approved or not, and you only get the hard check if you pull the trigger. I think 2 or less hard checks a year is what they like to see.

PrideRules

Pride Never Die!!!
Oct 20, 2015
I check creditkarma.com every couple months.
I been using the app on my phone. I like being able to dispute everything easily. I've been able to get half of my collections dropped. A few are not going away so easily.

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
The whole thing is bullshit dude. And these fuckers are playing with people's livelihood right. I've got an "excellent" credit score right now but I've got two medical companies filing collections one too. One I will absolutely refuse to pay. It's a bill from 2 years ago that they're just now sending me. The charge is legit but you wanna to approach me for it 2 years later through collections? Good luck.

The other is a bill I've already paid. Shit is stupid. I can imagine what it will drop mine but I don't give a fuck honestly. I don't see myself needing a loan anytime soon.

GJdeux @GJdeux - you should still have scores in the 700's right? You should still be able to get the funds you need my man. Got someone in the finance business local, that you can consult with?

it's in the 670's now due to all the hard hits. Hell maybe lower today. It's all going to work out. We got owner financing but the bullshit just pisses me off. I was honestly having trouble with verizon. bought the phone outright and they were worried about monthly payments. ugh... I have one bill that I also refuse to pay...they said that hurt as well. It's a hospital bill from two years ago like you Wild @Wild. it's for 250 or so...yea I know I should pay it, but it was due to their error and I told them about it at least twice, so I am doing it out of principle, which I guess is biting me in the ass. not changing it now tho cause they won't take it off so..... I have a lot of open accounts that I noticed as well, so have to get those off. Truth be told I do have a lot of debt due to student loans, ,but it pisses me off that I had the mid 700's now I'm down because of all the hard runs. F&ck them and their arbitrary numbers. I think I've had one late payment that the bank also said they consider. This is the same bank I have my business banking with. They can see out income, outgo and know we can pay the damn place off in less than one year. That I think irritates me as well. They can SEE the damn numbers. Oh well...it's working out so... F the bank too.

M

member 3289

Yeah I got a bullshit collection deleted from one of the agencies but not the other two, and idk anyone who ever only checks one agency when running a credit check.

I re-filed the dispute with the other two so hopefully they'll delete the shit soon.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
last summer i found out my credit score is zero because i pay for shit with cash and dont owe anyone money.i had to get a credit card and buy shit i could already pay for just to build up some kind of credit score.seems like a fucked up system to me

M

member 1013

last summer i found out my credit score is zero because i pay for shit with cash and dont owe anyone money.i had to get a credit card and buy shit i could already pay for just to build up some kind of credit score.seems like a fucked up system to me
Lol are you 14?

GJdeux

It's SAND
Mar 2, 2015
Yeah I got a bullshit collection deleted from one of the agencies but not the other two, and idk anyone who ever only checks one agency when running a credit check.

I re-filed the dispute with the other two so hopefully they'll delete the shit soon.
I have a collections one and I asked if I paid it if they would take it off, they said no, so I said, not paying it... no idea if that is smart or not, lol

M

member 3289

I have a collections one and I asked if I paid it if they would take it off, they said no, so I said, not paying it... no idea if that is smart or not, lol
If you pay it then they have to take it off.

If they don't then you can file a dispute and submit documentation showing that you've paid it.

But you'll have to submit said documentation to all 3 CR agencies.