Fuck Yeah!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
and Burnley is a horrible town with shitty people. Wouldn't shed a tear if it got nuked, except for the kids who aren't to blame for their parents godawful choice of places to live.

if I had the wings of an eagle, and I had the ass of a crow, I'd fly over Burnley tomorrow, and shit on the bastards below
Yeah I guessed the Brit accent by the vid title but can you place the American accent? I like most US accents but that one shits me.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Yeah I guessed the Brit accent by the vid title but can you place the American accent? I like most US accents but that one shits me.
nah no clue.

the accent of that first women is pretty much how the entire cast of Emmerdale sound, which is based in Yorkshire. just further highlights how shitty Burnley is and that it should be given to Yorkshire to preserve Lancashire's reputation as having the best accents in the north.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
when I was a kid I actually knew a guy who ran over some Burnley FC fans after a row in a pub, and killed one of them.

as horrible as that was, at least it's one less Burnley fan.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
nah no clue.

the accent of that first women is pretty much how the entire cast of Emmerdale sound, which is based in Yorkshire. just further highlights how shitty Burnley is and that it should be given to Yorkshire to preserve Lancashire's reputation as having the best accents in the north.

The whole of Britain is a pretty shit place though eh? look at the buildings, weather, inhabitants etc You must get depressed as fuck living there man, no one should live like that. The whole country has this Soviet Industrial Zone outlook to it.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
The whole of Britain is a pretty shit place though eh? look at the buildings, weather, inhabitants etc You must get depressed as fuck living there man, no one should live like that. The whole country has this Soviet Industrial Zone outlook to it.
I live on the south east coast around Brighton and Hove, it's alright :D

I'm a bit of a ginge so hotter climates don't suit me at all, plus I don't wanna have skin like leather by the time I reach my 40s.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I live on the south east coast around Brighton and Hove, it's alright :D

I'm a bit of a ginge so hotter climates don't suit me at all, plus I don't wanna have skin like leather by the time I reach my 40s.
Can you show us how the middle class lives in London?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Can you show us how the middle class lives in London?
ain't been to London since ... I went to get my passport 14+yrs ago haha

previous time before that was very early 90s to go see Blackburn at the old Wembley stadium.

I agree though that England is a depressing shithole. This is dated but still applies really (linked a song with it in, easier to find)

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What is the age range of the students at your new school?

Not trying to be cheeky, just genuinely curious.
Seems like I'll be responsible for M-1 that's first year of high school so they're about 13 years old. I've taught students ranging from age 4-65. I prefer high school and university.

M

member 3289

Maybe I'll bring back rainbows.
The sentence I posted is an example of exceptional case marking because the subject of the dependent clause is an object pronoun.

This is caused by the verb need, even though the object pronoun her is not the direct object of the verb need, as it IS in the example below:

I need her.

Not all English verbs are ECM verbs, as we can also see below, where the subject of the dependent clause is the subject pronoun she (not the object pronoun her):

I suggest that she call me.

So in the original example I need her to call me, the case marking of she-->her, caused by the ECM verb need, is exceptional because even though she is not the object of the verb need, the object pronoun her is still used.

- an Anglo

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The sentence I posted is an example of exceptional case marking because the subject of the dependent clause is an object pronoun.

This is caused by the verb need, even though the object pronoun her is not the direct object of the verb need, as it IS in the example below:

I need her.

Not all English verbs are ECM verbs, as we can also see below, where the subject of the dependent clause is the subject pronoun she (not the object pronoun her):

So in the original example I need her to call me, the case marking of she-->her, caused by the ECM verb need, is exceptional because even though she is not the object of the verb need, the object pronoun her is still used.

- an Anglo
lol this is the kind of shit I used to do with me M-1 gifted class.
Fact of the matter is that no one gives a fuck about your rules. As a swamp dweller you ought to know this.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I need her.

- an Anglo

M

member 3289

lol this is the kind of shit I used to do with me M-1 gifted class.
Fact of the matter is that no one gives a fuck about your rules. As a swamp dweller you ought to know this.
ECM verbs are a complex topic that an English teacher doesn't need to understand to be able to teach the language. Unless a person has taken a post-graduate course in English syntax, it is unlikely he/she has ever heard of it.

But you cannot teach the language better than I can. Apology accepted.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ECM verbs are a complex topic that an English teacher doesn't need to understand to be able to teach the language. Unless a person has taken a post-graduate course in English syntax, it is unlikely he/she has ever heard of it.

But you cannot teach the language better than I can. Apology accepted.
Hah, I'm sure your English is better than mine, if it's not, you should be ashamed. Have you ever taught a class in any subject?

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Seems like I'll be responsible for M-1 that's first year of high school so they're about 13 years old. I've taught students ranging from age 4-65. I prefer high school and university.
A year or so of this and with this experience you probably could.

M

member 3289

Hah, I'm sure your English is better than mine, if it's not, you should be ashamed. Have you ever taught a class in any subject?
I have but I'm just busting your balls. Keep fighting midgets and try not to get stabbed in the face again