VID Full video of Floyd fight in Japan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The first knockdown didn't look like anything landed. The 2nd one was a big shot but, quite frankly, Tenshin didn't look dazed enough to be falling all over the place like that and I have watched A LOT of boxing.....

With the assumption that it wasn't a work tenshin fought scared and was barely throwing anything to connect.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Why would they fix it so that they pay Floyd 9 million to come humiliate their top star? This wasn't a work- just more proof you should stay in your lane, and if you're not going to- don't bite off more than you can chew.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
If anything Floyd was probably the one who double crossed them. He was probably supposed to carry him for 3 rounds but when Tenshin actually hit him he said nah.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Doesn't look like a work to me. Just looks like a scared midget realizing he's making his debut in a sport against one of the GOATs in that sport and getting smashed.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Doesn't look like a work to me. First knockdown looked suspect, but the other two looked solid. The only thing suspicious was the flailing once tenshin hit the ground.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
For those calling work
How many people do you believe were in on it?
May,Tenshin,ref,Rizin,tenshins corner
Seems like a lot of people to be in on something that could bring down an organization.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
For those calling work
How many people do you believe were in on it?
May,Tenshin,ref,Rizin,tenshins corner
Seems like a lot of people to be in on something that could bring down an organization.
Just so you get an answer...I am not trying to be an arguer

The corruption is so thick in combat sports you can't exclude any or a majority of those parties IMO(lotta $$$)
never seen a fix or corruption bring an Org down either(correct me if I am wrong)

As far as this fight I really don't know what to think yet, I need to watch more slo mo(it shows me a lot)

flop after first Ko looks weird but maybe he never felt leather like that

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Just so you get an answer...I am not trying to be an arguer

The corruption is so thick in combat sports you can't exclude any or a majority of IMO(lotta $$$)
never seen a fix or corruption bring an Org down either(correct me if I am wrong)

As far as this fight I really don't know what to think yet, I need to watch more slo mo(it shows me a lot)

flop after first Ko looks weird but maybe he never felt leather like that
Thanks for a response. I don’t think it was a work at all and am certainly not try to change people’s minds.
I just think it’s strange to have so many moving parts involved. Ref didn’t wave it off and corner threw in the towel.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Thanks for a response. I don’t think it was a work at all and am certainly not try to change people’s minds.
I just think it’s strange to have so many moving parts involved. Ref didn’t wave it off and corner threw in the towel.
Ya I see that for sure, I just don't know how it works over there...I do know it can be easily manipulated in the other countries...I don't really understand such a quick fight if a work/fix...only thing I can think is floyd sabotaged an exhibition(but then I think Yakuza)

I do know I would predict a mauling by Floyd in a Boxing match...so I guess that is what I saw

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Ya I see that for sure, I just don't know how it works over there...I do know it can be easily manipulated in the other countries...I don't really understand such a quick fight if a work/fix...only thing I can think is floyd sabotaged an exhibition(but then I think Yakuza)

I do know I would predict a mauling by Floyd in a Boxing match...so I guess that is what I saw
I think we all fell in love with the idea of Tenshin. Then like you said a boxing match broke out and we saw what happens when a 20 year old with no boxing matches fights arguably the goat of a sport. I just don’t see any reason to work a fight in this manner. I can’t recall a supposed work in Pride where the Japanese underdog was fixed to be smashed. This would be like setting up Coleman to smash Takada. The only reason you’d get involved in working that fight is to reverse in inevitable.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Floyd was a much smaller fighter in the early stages of his career. He moved up in weight to chase the money fights, which placed him in higher weight classes where he shouldn't normally be. The power difference was evident as his wins via ko dwindled. He didn't lose power, he simply was facing far larger men. He has been known to eat heavy on weigh in days simply to seem larger than he is, then come in on fight night at a lower weight. He was 147 for this fight and flabby (for him), so that is probably his walk around weight these days at 41 years old.

Long story short, the guy is very powerful, despite his record, since he moved up way past his weight class to take higher earning purses.