VID Full video of Floyd fight in Japan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think we all fell in love with the idea of Tenshin. Then like you said a boxing match broke out and we saw what happens when a 20 year old with no boxing matches fights arguably the goat of a sport. I just don’t see any reason to work a fight in this manner. I can’t recall a supposed work in Pride where the Japanese underdog was fixed to be smashed. This would be like setting up Coleman to smash Takada. The only reason you’d get involved in working that fight is to reverse in inevitable.
I would also add that mayweather has everything to lose in reference to legacy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Floyd was a much smaller fighter in the early stages of his career. He moved up in weight to chase the money fights, which placed him in higher weight classes where he shouldn't normally be. The power difference was evident as his wins via ko dwindled. He didn't lose power, he simply was facing far larger men. He has been known to eat heavy on weigh in days simply to seem larger than he is, then come in on fight night at a lower weight. He was 147 for this fight and flabby (for him), so that is probably his walk around weight these days at 41 years old.

Long story short, the guy is very powerful, despite his record, since he moved up way past his weight class to take higher earning purses.
I hear ya 100%, his power is always there when he needs it to remind his opponent what is really up in the ring.
he hasn't been in his proper division for years as you say
huge boxing fan for a long time

Last edited:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I wonder if Floyd was even 147. Did he actually weigh in? He looked closer to off season 160 in there to me.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I wonder if Floyd was even 147. Did he actually weigh in? He looked closer to off season 160 in there to me.
No chance. He's a really small guy, and fat doesn't weigh the same a muscle. He needs to bulk up to enter the 150lb range. No idea on whether he weighed in or no, but we'Re talking about a natural 130-135lbfighter here.

M

member 3289

A work would make sense if Floyd had lost. He didn't.

Why fix a fight that humiliates your company's biggest star?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
That slow motion gif shows punches landing behind the ear in the most questionable knockdowns.

I'm thinking people bought way too much the Tenshin hype and are more surprised than they should seeing him get his ass kicked. Maybe if you seen an undersized thai give him hell in his own favorable ruleset then you'd be more inclined to believe a much bigger boxing goat could embarrass him in boxing.

The flopping could be chalked up to inexperience. He was more caught off balance than blasted in the chin and he tried to get up way too quick everytime. That's why coaches tell you to wait until 6 or 7 on a knockdown call.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Tenshin needed to run for the rest of the round after firing that shot at Floyd.
People forget how hard Floyd hits for his weight class. He learned to be careful with his hands, but he can pop if he wants to.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Nasukawa wrote on Instagram he has no regrets about taking the fight:

"The days since the fight was confirmed have been enjoyable but with concerns, and I spent the time thinking about many things. At the end of the day, I got finished, but I have no regrets. I am disappointed at myself since I thought I could have done better.

"But I will face the facts and will continue to take on any challenge. I learned that I didn't work hard enough to earn this opportunity, and I will use this defeat to improve myself and move forward this year. Despite all the things that happened leading up to the fight, I came to realize how truly great Mayweather was. I was the one underestimating him. I promise to make it to that level!

"It may take some time for me to become the man to haul the industry on my shoulders, but please continue to support me! Everybody who work to make this fight happen, thank you very much. Mr. Mayweather, thank you very much."

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

"The days since the fight was confirmed have been enjoyable but with concerns, and I spent the time thinking about many things. At the end of the day, I got finished, but I have no regrets. I am disappointed at myself since I thought I could have done better.

"But I will face the facts and will continue to take on any challenge. I learned that I didn't work hard enough to earn this opportunity, and I will use this defeat to improve myself and move forward this year. Despite all the things that happened leading up to the fight, I came to realize how truly great Mayweather was. I was the one underestimating him. I promise to make it to that level!

"It may take some time for me to become the man to haul the industry on my shoulders, but please continue to support me! Everybody who work to make this fight happen, thank you very much. Mr. Mayweather, thank you very much."
He has the right mindset - accepted reality and is dead set on learning from this fight and improving, that’s what its all about!

It will be fun to look back on this fight 15 years from now.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

That is a very classy and respectful message he wrote. I admire that.

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Fixed fight being thrown out ther is absolutely ridiculous. Floyd has bot( 20lbs and 20 age on the kid and boxed professionally as the best undefeated for so long tha5 of course how else would it end. No fix just a master going against a non baker and I am for one okay with it. Can’t blame Floyd for winnng 9mil because we pay h8m. Good for Floyd and he rides t9 the sunset with the win and the money.

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
The significantly bigger stronger guy with an absolutely tremendous skill advantage embarrasses national hero via patriotic organization in home country.

Yep. Definitely a fix.